Best beer stores in San Francisco and/or Sacramento?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougdecinces

Reaction score
I'm flying to San Francisco in two weeks to visit family. I used to live in Northern California before I became a huge beer snob, but I want to try to make up for it. Alas, I am on a fairly strict itinerary, so special trips to Russian River, Lagunitas, et. al. are out of the question. Instead, I am hoping to get advice on good beer stores that I can stop at during my itinerary. We will be in San Francisco for two days before driving up to South Lake Tahoe. So anything in or around US-50 is up for grabs. I'm hoping especially to find good sours that I can't get in Indiana (Russian River, Port, The Bruery, etc.). Thank you in advance.

We are also flying to San Francisco this month. From what I've found, City Beer Store looks like a good place.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Do you just want bottle shops or do you want to hit breweries on the way?

You can get a sour at: http://mrazbrewingcompany.com/

Also, make a pilgrimage to visit Jamil at: hereticbrewing.com/
On the way from SF to Tahoe.

Here is another tip... on the Heretic site click the link for "where to find our beers"... that will give a decent list of local shops.

Back