Going to try this for the price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down to my last few bottles of IPA and the brown ale is just now drinkable. I used fuggles in place of the wilamtte.

They have another sale now, better kits than simply beer. I bought three of the simply beer kits to break down. These are full extract kits, with LME, steeping grains, yeast and all.
https://www.midwestsupplies.com/pages/promos/buy-3-beer-kits-get-each-for-1776.html

I'm going for quick easy drinking summer beers.

Boundary Waters Wheat Beer Recipe Kit

Clean and refreshing, this crisp wheat beer is a great beer to drink any time of year. Brewed in true American style, it is well-balanced, smooth and not hoppy or bitter. In fact, it’s free from any German-styled bubblegum and clove flavors and aroma.

•Golden color

•Well-balanced light brew with crisp, refreshing finish

•Liquid yeast option recommended (specify when ordering)

•Ingredients include: 6 lb. Wheat liquid malt extract, 1/2 lb. Caravienne, 1/2 lb. Carapils®, 1 oz. Sterling hops, 1 oz. Palisade® aroma hops, grain bag, priming sugar, and yeast.

Liberty Cream Ale

Popular with our customers, Liberty Cream Ale is perfect for those who enjoy a flavorful, yet lighter-bodied beer. Refreshing and easy to brew, this beer originated from the American light lager style and boasts a creamy head and smooth taste with a pale gold color. A definite one for the beer-loving masses, many of our small craft brewers brew this Plain American-styled beer every second or third time they brew.

Flavorful with a light body

Ingredients include:
•6 lb. Gold liquid malt extract

•8 oz. Carapils® specialty grains

•2 oz. of Cascade pellet hops

•Yeast

•Priming sugar

•Grain bag

Blonde Ale

A Belgian-style Witbier thats tart, spicy, and hazy gold. This beer owes its uniqueness primarily to the yeast, we strongly recommend using one of the liquid strains for this beer. It is light in body but has significant malt flavor underpinning all the other flavors, lawnmower ale with a twist-very refreshing. Our ingredients for this recipe include: 3 lb. Wheat DME, 2 lb. Pilsen DME, 8 oz. Caramel 10L, 8 oz. Flaked Wheat, 4 oz. Caravienne malt specialty grains, 1 oz. Willamette pellet hops, grain bag, priming sugar, and yeast.

Grabbed three today too. Somehow I didn't get any of the same o Es as you RobertMT! I went for the Session SMASH, Irish Red, and Fuggles IPA. The extract alone is normally sold for the price of these kits.

Just to let you know they do not come with yeast. I ran over and picked up three today but there is no yeast in them. The guy at the store says that is how they keep the price down.

All of the ones I ordered had yeast included, 6 kits so far. The IPA is bottled, just a couple weeks to try it. Next this weekend Brown Ale, I will put in a few additions to my liking. Love the prices they have, really low priced beer, SWMBO can't gripe at the prices. :mug::):):mug: :rockin:

Just to let you know they do not come with yeast. I ran over and picked up three today but there is no yeast in them. The guy at the store says that is how they keep the price down.

You got undercut then. Descriptions for both offers include for dry yeast.

The other ones I bought had yeast, e-mail showed yeast. I harvest most of my own yeast, but it's always handy to have some extra. I added couple LBs of hops, bumped total up a bit, but $7-9 for 8oz, why not?

Caught a great deal on Midwest Supplies the other night. They put up 13 of their popular kits and if you bought 3 off the list of 13 you got them for $17.76 each. I paid $53 for three kits, beats the hell out of the 45 I was paying for 1 Brewers Best. Not sure if they are still running it, I'd assume it was an Independence Day sale (1776).

So I went to the local Midwest and got three kits on the 1776 deal. I was told that yeast did not come with the kits. I bought three came home and online it said it did come with yeast. I sent an email to the company as the service also was terrible. I give them huge credit. They contacted me so quick and were SO nice that I was amazed. They overnighted me the proper yeast and apologized for the error and the service. I do not see customer service like that very often but it makes me feel good when I do. Even the manager of the store called me personally to talk about it. Great job Midwest.

Sales over now, I messed up, I didn't realize three or more kits were 17.76 each. I'll pay better attention next time. Get on their e-mail list and they have quite a number of sales. Makes for a quick brew day and decent beer. AG is better, if you have the time, but with so much going on during summer, you can fill three primaries pretty quick.

@brownalemikie the fuggles is slightly milder with some nice woodyness. It's smooth but a little dry if not fully chilled. I probably over primed or something.

I nearly went for the 17.76 offer but decided to wait since both of my car boys are in use. I'm sure they will have a decent sale this next week for 4th of July.

@brownalemikie the fuggles is slightly milder with some nice woodyness. It's smooth but a little dry if not fully chilled. I probably over primed or something.

I nearly went for the 17.76 offer but decided to wait since both of my car boys are in use. I'm sure they will have a decent sale this next week for 4th of July.

I hear ya.....I bought a kit from Northern Brewer and 3 extra carboys. All 4 carboys are fermenting about 2 weeks apart. Can hardly wait for 3 more weeks to try my first batch. :mug:

My Simply Beer IPA will be ready to try the 4th of July, how fitting. The wait is worth it. :mug::mug:

I got the 2 carboy kit from NB that came with a nice chinook IPA kit. Which I am attempting to recreate with the simply beer kit, add a tweak or two. Should be ready by the 4th as well as the brown ale kit with some added grains.

Well, I got to try the IPA last evening & it turned out excellent. I will be brewing a bunch of these kits, for this price why not.::D

Back