Going to Lexington KY.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whsoj

Reaction score
Going to Lexington KY. I'll be near Masterson Station Park 9/19-22 Anything good to do around there?

Liquor Barn off man-o-war blvd has a great beer & small batch bourbon slection.
If you're taking 75 north into town, you can't miss the exit.
I believe there are several locations, but I think this one is the biggest.

Billy's BBQ, near campus has fabulous ribs & mutton.

Off topic....are you on the Blue Ridge Fly Fishing Forum?

Liquor Barn off man-o-war blvd has a great beer & small batch bourbon slection.
If you're taking 75 north into town, you can't miss the exit.
I believe there are several locations, but I think this one is the biggest.

Billy's BBQ, near campus has fabulous ribs & mutton.

Off topic....are you on the Blue Ridge Fly Fishing Forum?
Thanks, and no I am not but I need to check that out why?

Louisville is 50 minutes down the road, but I'd buy you dinner! lol.

Tons to do in Louisville, Lexington is not my town.

You could tour Alltech and West Sixth.
I'm a western KY guy so that's about the extent of my tour guiding.

I went to Lexington for a wedding a last year and had a blast. I suggest you take a short drive toward Frankfort and spend half a day hitting up distillery tours like Woodford, Buffalo Trace, and Four Roses.

Downtown Lexington has an amazing bourbon bar called the Horse and Barrel where they have a heavy pour with some great bourbons. They also have a brew you can start off (before bourbon) called Bourbon Barrel Ale, not too full bodied, but a great bourbon flavor.

Attached to the bar is DeSha's restaurant, which is decent also.

That's all I got, but hopefully it helps!

West Sixth, Altech, and Country Boys Brewing Co., Pazzo's Pizza Pub, and the Bourbon Trail is a short drive away. Unfortunately you'll be there a week or two early for Keeneland.

Funny you say that, Louisville isnt my city. However I have heard it has gotten a lot better recently.

I was born and raised in Lexington. I can give you restaurant suggestions if you want. Just PM what youre interested in.

For beer you have to check out Country Boy Brewing off of Broadway on Chair avenue. Small microbrewery that brews some great beer and also has rotating taps of some other breweries. I recommend their Lazy Rye or any of the IPAs, especially Cliffjumper.

West Sixth is also good, much better atmosphere than Country Boy (more money) but beer IMO isnt as good. IPA is good, everything else is average.

Another brewery just opened, Blue Stallion which specializes in traditional English and German beer. The place is pretty awesome and my brother tells me they have great beer.

There are two solid beer bars, Beer Trappe and Lexington Beer works. Been to both and they are good. Beer Trappe has a nice bottle selection too.

Pazzos pizza has great pizza and a huge tap list. Wednesday they do pint night with a rotating brewery and you get a pitcher and 2 glasses.

Let me know if you want any other suggestions. Lexington is a great town.

Awesome! Sounds like there's lots to do I'm gonna check out what's closest as I will be there for work I'm going to the wood expo....giggity :D

I thought about the demon last time I was in Kentucky but I was in Florence on the way Ohio.

Back