going to 5gal for first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littled630

Reaction score
Ok all i have is an electric stove. Can someone give me alternatives to using a gas set up. I dont want to be brewing outside do to cleanliness. I would like to stay indoors but dont want propane tanks inside my house. I have heard very little about partial boils. Maybe partial boils is my solution. If so please explain the process in detail for me as it will also be my first all grain brew when i do a 5 gallon batch. Until now all i have done is 1 gallon extract brewing. Thanks

Ever consider all-grain 2.5-3 gal batches on the stovetop? Or is that too much what you've been doing?

No all grains yet. Planned on doing a 1gal for my first ag brew incase i **** it up lol. Once i know im good on the ag brewing ill do a 5 gal ag, but until then ill do extract 5 gal to start

Extract 5 gal on an electric stovetop is totally doable. Really, if you're doing kits from a good company like Northern Brewer, Austin Homebrew, or lots of the other ones referenced on this site all the time, you'll get pretty good instructions. You'll be fine.

What're you planning on brewing?

I have been brewing 1 gallon batches of basically a pale ale using pilsen light dme and coopers yeast and hallertua hops. Got it down so no problems with going 5gal on extract, just dont wanna burn out my stove boiling 5 gallons its all we have.

Just havent brewed in a while do to warmer temps and i have been to lazy to build a swamp cooler lol.

Back