Going Pro. Yipes. Blog Starting Up.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othevad

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So yeah. Life presented me an opportunity to be a stay at home dad and open a nano as my only job. If you would like to keep track, you can check it out here, I will be updating often documenting all the steps and ridiculousness that it's gonna take to get this ball rolling.

cheers.

http://proclamationaleco.blogspot.com/

Awesome. I'm at about the same point as you with mine. Will be subscribed to this thread to follow along with you! Good luck!

Hey guys, thanks. Jason, PM me and let me know where you are, where you are at and if we can trade any info on the whole process!

Best of luck. will def be checking your blog over time.

Just wondering what size are you thinking bout starting out at?

Hey Bk.

I'm starting up at 3bbl (yes, even though we've been warned not to) with 4 FV's. Plan on brewing 2 days a week to start. I'm a very lucky man in that I don't have to be doing anything financially except for keeping the actual brewery afloat. I have an expansion plan and distro already, so I'm hoping everything goes swimmingly and I'm able to proceed as I would like. Obviously, plans change, but I hope to be growing fairly quickly if the people like what I am doing.
cheers

Hey Nuke.

Definitely keep in touch man, my space is in Kingston, RI which is probably about 45 minutes from you. Even if ya wanna pop in and check it out at some point.
be good

That'd be awesome. Got an estimated timeline for when you'll be able to start production? Don't worry about starting with 3 bbl. Beer'd Brewing in North Stonington just opened last fall and they started with 3 bbl. They're doing well and even just got got a new 7(?) bbl fermeneter.

The sooner the better, and I'm (realistically?) *hoping* for late 2013/early 2014. Note that hoping and crossing and endless sea of red tape within a given time period are 2 completely different things haha. My equipment is scheduled to arrive in mid September, so I'd say that October is probably the absolute earliest possibility. Right now, I'm just homebrewing up a storm and jumping whatever hurdle that comes my way in stride.
peace

It sounds awesome and like you are living the dream. No matter what this will be an experience you will never forget!

The sooner the better, and I'm (realistically?) *hoping* for late 2013/early 2014. Note that hoping and crossing and endless sea of red tape within a given time period are 2 completely different things haha. My equipment is scheduled to arrive in mid September, so I'd say that October is probably the absolute earliest possibility. Right now, I'm just homebrewing up a storm and jumping whatever hurdle that comes my way in stride.
peace

Nice! Sounds like things are moving fast as far as breweries go. I'm excited to see your brewery take off.

Back