Going Fully automated!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1,000 for 1 gallon batches? Couldn't you buy a pot, a voile bag, a jug, and an airlock for, maybe $50 all-in?

True that. Kinda takes the hobby out of home brewing. Might as well buy commercial brew, would be cheaper.

Well.....to be fair it's still in Kickstarter for the low low price of $550 for the bare bones model. This thing reminds me of my keurig just push a button and wait a couple weeks. Just a little too automated for me.

I have a BCS and that is about as Automated as I want to be. I create my own "Mash" and "grain" profiles. This kind of automation is not real "home brew" in my mind. I do not own a Keruig either. I grind my own coffee that is roasted for me. I have my grain malted. Enjoy, because although you did not brew it, It is still better than canned beer.

Haha guys, was kidding! A friend sent me the link and my first thought was the Keruig of brew machines.

More or less a ruse to see some of the feedback. I have so many issues with the ad itself not even on to the machine itself. I read a little on beeradvocate about it and one member commented " its great for people with disposable incomes or the hipster that wants to brag about brewing beer".

Glad Im not alone with how ridiculous this gimmick is... fresh beer in a week! In what universe!

I've looked at the reviews for the PicoBrew, all I could think was "why?". Seems silly to spend all that money when you can make better, more personalized beer at a fraction of what these machines cost. Keurig for beer, indeed! PFFFFT.

Back