Going from keg to bottles to age

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockeygreg44

Reaction score
I currently keg all my beer and I recently got a counter pressure bottle filler for when I want to fill up a few bottle or growlers to take over to some friends. Does anyone see any problems with filling bottles up, out of my kegs at 42F, and then storing/aging going them for an extended period or time around 55-60F? I keep them in a closed cardboard box so that light doesn't get to them. I'm just worried about the temperature swings. I would like to start to make a stock pile of my beer at different intervals to see what agin going does to the taste.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I wouldn't be concerned about that one "swing" from a cold keg to cellar temperature.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the transfer from keg to bottle - primarily with maintaining the desired carbonation level. If you can master that, the result will be no different than the bazillion bottles of homebrew aging around the world...

Cheers!

Back