God, I'm an idiot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosetav

Reaction score
Kegged my wife's razzwheat and my IIPA night before last. I was really out of it having slept only 2hrs in the past 48 or so. I knew I needed to get the beer kegged or I wouldn't have time to do it for another week or so. When I hooked up the gas to seat the lid and purge head space, I heard gurgling. Never heard it before. I just figured it was one of those things that sometimes happened and put it all in the fridge. I was sitting at work yesterday and was thinking about it when I realized I probably put the gas on the "out" valve. Went home and sure enough, pushing gas through the dip tupe. I quickly changed it round to the correct intake. Because of the bubbling I heard, I had set the pressure low to slowly build up and it was only on for about 24 hrs. I think I should be ok but I don't know for sure if I didn't just f***up my beer. Thoughts?

Kegged my wife's razzwheat and my IIPA night before last. I was really out of it having slept only 2hrs in the past 48 or so. I knew I needed to get the beer kegged or I wouldn't have time to do it for another week or so. When I hooked up the gas to seat the lid and purge head space, I heard gurgling. Never heard it before. I just figured it was one of those things that sometimes happened and put it all in the fridge. I was sitting at work yesterday and was thinking about it when I realized I probably put the gas on the "out" valve. Went home and sure enough, pushing gas through the dip tupe. I quickly changed it round to the correct intake. Because of the bubbling I heard, I had set the pressure low to slowly build up and it was only on for about 24 hrs. I think I should be ok but I don't know for sure if I didn't just f***up my beer. Thoughts?

No, you're fine. The beer will absorb the CO2 no matter how it is introduced. I've done the same thing only after a cold-crash. That's no good, because it stirs up all the sediment that fell to the bottom.

Yeah, it stirs some crap up but if you use the set/ wait method then most of it will settle back out by the time it is carbed up. You didn't harm your beer at all, that's the good news!

Phew! I figured that was the case but you never know what's gonna cause beerpocalypse. Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

If you did any shaking, or released pressure from the system while either of those kegs was connected, I'd check to make sure you didn't get any beer in the CO2 lines. Other than that, no worries.

One advantage of pin lock cornys, you can't do that even when you're on 2 hours of sleep.

One advantage of pin lock cornys, you can't do that even when you're on 2 hours of sleep.

You could if you put the posts on wrong when re-assembling the keg after cleaning. Not that I've ever done anything even remotely like that. No sir, nobody around here would do that. never ever.

Back