Go SF Giants!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm a Florida State University fan so I'm a big Buster Posey fan so I'm pulling for the Giants...ultimately, I am a Yankees fan...now that I've cleared the air, let the smack talk against me commence :cross:

I'll jump on the bandwagen, actually I have been watching a bit this season since they are semi-local but man didn't think they would go this far.

I made a bet with my bro/family that if the Giants won the pennant, I would buy a SF jersey and cheer em on in the series. The Padres haven't given me anything to cheer about in the last 5 years, so it's a logical move. :p

Hoping the Rangers finish business on Friday so Lee can go Game 1 of the World Series. Rangers vs Giants would be my wish.

Go Red Sox!!! :(

Its nice to see all the non-October fans get excited when their team enters the Yankees' month. ;)

Talk all the smack you want, but October baseball lives in the Bronx.

Best part about Cliff Lee? He was hired to kill the Yankees by two teams (one failed already), and no one had a problem with that, but the mouths will be flappin' non-stop once he is in THE PINSTRIPES next year.

I liked seeing the Yankees fans pour out of Yankee Stadium as fast as they could earlier this week. Talk about Die easy fans. The place was empty in the 8th inning!!! Those tickets are the most expensive seats in baseball and people abandoned them. This is post season baseball WTF are you doing leaving the game??? I have no respect for those Yankees fans.

Those tickets are the most expensive seats in baseball and people abandoned them. I have no respect for those Yankees fans.

Me too. Here in NY, we unfortunately have to admit a dirty little secret. When the playoffs roll around, the stadium fills with the fair-weather fans who can afford the seats. I have been to 4 playoff games ('06, '07 ALCS, Game 2 ALDS and WS '09), and it disgusts me the difference between a June, mid-week crowd and an October crowd.

Remember one thing though: fans in NY tend to leave earlier because of the traffic and because we go to a lot of games. Everyone I know goes to at least 5 Yankees/Mets games year, on top of everything else. We strongly support our sports teams here, en masse. When you have already been to 5-6 games, and suddenly it's 10pm and the Yankees are sucking a**, the only thing on your mind is clearing out before the traffic gets too crazy.

And as for Cliff Lee, yes, he beat us every playoff game he has faced us in, but we still won last year, remember that! And personally, I don't want him anymore than I wanted Clemens, but signs point to him being in pinstripes next year, and when he is, the world will turn against him, which is funny because everyone loves him now that he kills us.

Not sure how a Giants thread turned into a Yankees bandwagon. At least Giants fans stay for the whole game.

Phillies fan all the way here. I know we're down 3-1, but you have to like our chances with Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels coming up. And the Phillies are no Yankees, and its insulting to put us in the same league. We don't buy our way to titles like Yankees do.

Phillies fan all the way here. I know we're down 3-1, but you have to like our chances with Halladay, Oswalt, and Hamels coming up. And the Phillies are no Yankees, and its insulting to put us in the same league. We don't buy our way to titles like Yankees do.

It was strange to see Oswalt last night. I wonder if he'll start whatever game he's scheduled to if it comes to that. I guess he didn't throw that many pitches, but you know how those starters are about their rest...

Yeah but we've got Lincecum, Sanchez, and Cain. I agree with you about the Yankees. Good luck tonight, you're going to need it.

Not sure how a Giants thread turned into a Yankees bandwagon. At least Giants fans stay for the whole game.

Because in the second post, someone had to hate on them. Defense is not thread hijacking.

Personally, I am rooting for your Giants. I would much rather see them make the WS than the Phillies. The Phillies had very trashy fans in my stadium last year, I'd rather not see that again. I spoke to my former Phillies Pitcher friend about it and he just hung his head.

The A's are my favorite team because I grew up going to their games. Giants are second favorite, but didn't go to nearly as many games. The 2002 World Series was heartbreaking and the Angels are near the top of teams I hate just because of that.

Because in the second post, someone had to hate on them. Defense is not thread hijacking.

Personally, I am rooting for your Giants. I would much rather see them make the WS than the Phillies. The Phillies had very trashy fans in my stadium last year, I'd rather not see that again. I spoke to my former Phillies Pitcher friend about it and he just hung his head.

Is this former Phillies pitcher friend the same guy who calls the Yankees his daddy by any chance?? :ban:

And yeah, it's ROUGH not having the YES network down here. I have XM radio in my car so I'll try and find excuses to drive when games are on

Not torture any more! :D:D:D

The boys are coming home. I'm sure the Giants are hating the fact that they have to get on anolther plane for a cross country flight.

BTW...I wonder if the champagne they had all ready in the lock room spoiled. :p

The unbeatable, un-hittable Lee? HA!

Not counting the eggs yet, but if this is all that Texas has to bring to the game, we're looking at a sweep if things continue like last night. 4 errors (2 resulting in scores if I remember right) and mis-cues to boot on Texas. Secondary pitchers (for SF) got a bit too comfortable & gave up 4 unnecessary runs, but it gave Cain, Affeldt & the Beard (to a point) an extra day's rest as well as a good look at the Texas offense. I'd keep Romo a relief spot the way he pitched last night, though!

GO GIAAAAAANTS!

Latest posts

Back