Glycol System Quick Disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerbalm2424

Reaction score
Adding a DIY glycol chiller setup to my fermentation system, mostly based off of several other projects i've found on this forum.

Question. Envisioning tubing connecting from the chiller setup to the SSbrewtech chiller tube connections on fermenter and the glycol running through it. When i need to move either the chiller setup or fermenter i envision a need to disconnect the lines from the chiller to the fermentation chamber but i dont want to lose or need to drain any of the glycol running through the system.

Outside of having two shutoff valves inline and a quick disconnect between them is there such a thing as a quick disconnect connect that can be pulled apart without losing(self sealing in a way) fluid after the disconnect?

I read on another posting about "leak-stop quick disconnects", they appear to be a plastic solution that accomplishes this task but i am unable to find them anywhere in my searches.

Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

Funny I was just researching the same thing on hbt and found a few links to qd equipment others have used. Here is what I will be using after looking at the threads I read.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/i...dtWPNa_Nntnrimj56O5WMvpdB5FhlaZ4iHxoC-MLw_wcB

Ordered 2 seven gal Ss unitanks and their glycol Chiller and a **** ton of tc parts. Pretty stoked the tanks should be here tomorrrow. Not sure about the chiller and parts maybe by the end of the week. Have been using their brew buckets since the first lottery draft and the 175 into pricing. I believe the addition of all this will help my beer taste even better then it already does, and I can ferment on the back covered porch.

Anyway...let us know if you find any other qd’s.

Latest posts

Back