Gluten-Free Solstice Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever tried gluten free brewing?

• No, Never

• Only 1 or 2 times and it was a disaster

• Only 1 or 2 times and it went welll

• Greater than 3 times

Results are only viewable after voting.

cmccartn

Reaction score
I have been a home brewer for about 4 years now and have had pretty good success with making my own recipes. For my next brew I decided to Purchase a Gluten Free kit online. I decided to buy a kit from a small brewer based out of Madison Wisconsin (full disclosure, Trevor Easton is my brother-in-law)

http://www.freshglutenfree.net/Gluten-Free-Beer-Homebrew-Kit-p/beer-kit.htm

My brew date is today, June 19th, 2014.

The kit is really nice, It has liquid extract, dry extract, candi sugar, 2 oz german hallertau hops, 1 oz of sterling hops, safale t-58 Belgian yeast, 1 tsp irish mosh, priming sugar, bottle caps and instructions (that are very step by step and easy for a new brewer).

The retail is about $40-45 with shipping at another 12, It makes roughly 50 beers so that amounts to just about $1 per beer for Gf beer.

I have a bunch of pictures from the brew day, but I am having a hard time loading them from my mac, if anyone has suggestions about how to load images or questions about the beer, let me know.

This is what the kit looks like, everything for a happy day of brewing

20140619_123234.jpg

What is the dry malt extract? Is that just rice syrup solids or is it something else? I'm not aware of any GF dry malt (aside from RSS).

It has been awhile since I posted, but I am kegging my beer today. It looks good, and I am excited to try it soon.

I'll get a picture of my first pour once it is ready to serve.

2014-11-10 16.50.13.jpg

2014-11-10 16.49.38.jpg

It is delicious, I put a few pictures up so that you could take a look yourself.

The kit makes it easy to make a delicious brew. It is dark, almost a reddish shade to it when finished which is why I am thinking that this is almost the flavor of a red ale.

Delicious beer with full flavor but isn't too filling.

2014-12-07 16.17.41.jpg

2014-12-07 16.17.27.jpg

Back