Glad I found you guys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airborne

Reaction score
Man am I glad I found this sight! I just started my first batch from Mr Beer, and I'm sure I screwed it up. If I would found this sight sooner maybe I could have done it the right way the first time:D . What do you think of those beer kits besides the fact they are just glorified, pain in the a@% cases of beer?

you have to start somewhere... but I can see it already.. soon you'll be buying some carboy's and moving on up... its addicting... this forum has a ton of info... I got most of my brewing knowledge from here and still learn something evey day... good luck and have fun...

Jester

I have never had any beer from the Mr. Beer kits, I imagine they make good beer. The thing that turned me off of them is that they only make, what, 2.5 gal at at time? But as has been said, you've got to start somewhere, and soon you'll be brewing 10 gallons or more at a time. (and all your friends will be begging for homebrew!)

Thanks guys, I can't wait untill I talk the wife into stepping up production. I think she just has to see if it works!

if she likes wine ,buy her a wine kit.
then you need a carboy for it .when wine is done you have scored a brewing carboy!

I too started with the Mr. Beer kits. Just like everyone is saying, it's a nice introduction to the hobby before splurging $100s of dollars into it.

I'm about ready to drink my last couple batches of Mr. Beer goods, and after that I have all new equipment waiting for me to start a new kegging adventure. :)

Back