Give Props to your Favorite Micro Brewery..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw two for Founders, but I am going to have to go with the real best of Michigan: Bell's.

Two hearted Ale? Man, if I could make anything 75% as good as that I would be content with my brewing forever.

Well, I tend to spend my Wednesday nights at Buffalo Bill's here in Hayward. Of course, if they don't bring back Alimony Ale soon I'm going to boycott!!!

http://www.buffalobillsbrewery.com/

I had my last dinner in the bay area with my gf there before we moved to LA. I was mildly pissed they didn't have the Alimony, but I was appeased when they laid down a plate of their jalapeño poppers. Damn, those things are delicious.

Cigar City Brewery
Tampa, FL
Cigarcitybeer.com

Love the Humidor series Jai Lai IPA and the Bolita Brown. Still trying to get my hands on some 1101K+OT.

Favorite of all time, Mac and Jack's and Georgetown Beer (maker of Manny's). When I turned 21 these two were always on tap at any bar we went too, and are very tasty.

Weyerbacher is my local. Merry Monks is an awesome Belgain. Blithering idiot is pretty good to.

Founder's and Bell's are good, but I'm a HUGE fan of Short's in Bel Aire, MI. Ive only had the stuff you can get in bottles in the grocery store, all of which are good, but the Huma Lupa Licious IPA is killer. I'm sure they have some really kick-a$$ stuff at the brewery tho, their line-up looks pretty awesome. Too bad bel aire is so far away.

http://www.shortsbrewing.com/

Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. good IPA, great dark Vienna-style german lager "Riverwest Stein". also a gluten-free beer.

there's also a good brewpub, Milwaukee Ale house. can also find them in stores, but not everything they make. also serve real pints (16 oz), and happy hour is $2.50 :)

Sprecher too, i'm not sure how far-reaching they get with their beers. Used to live about 1/2 mile away from the brewery....should have taken more advantage of that opportunity. They make some neat stuff every once in awhile, especially their African beers they made a few years ago...

Back