Ginseng ginger mead ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReDim

Reaction score
Hi, i am working on planing out this recipe

5 gallon fermentation vessel (4-4.5 gallons in the primary )

7.5 lbs of honey
250g ginger
100g dried ginsheng
Lalvin Dried Wine Yeast EC 1118

Any heads up on how to add ginger and ginseng ? I can boil it in some water or add it to primary, or add it to secondary... ?

thank you :)

Here is how I do it:
https://denardbrewing.com/blog/post/Mental-bomm/

It turns out tasty!

thanks,

:mug:

so you put the tea of these herbs into primary and then back sweeten the secondary with honey. and you use 1 tbl spoon pier gallon...

There is an Asian superstore near by,(they have the best fresh fish in the area anyways :) guess will have to stop there this Saturday ....

What if I alter the recipe ? Double the herbs and add nothing to secondary ? will it still tastes good ? : )

Doubling the ginger would be fine. Omitting the secondary spice addition would be fine as well. I think it needs to be sweet, but try it dry and see what you think.

Da woman said she's rather drink pomegranate mead instead of ginseng and ginger mead and it's pomegranate season. They sell these pomegranates for like $1.20

Have no idea what flavor ginseng would impart, but I take it as a supplement...have used ginger in a few meads, it's great...ginger ginseng sounds like a great mead ...."for medicianal purposes only"....have read of LOR's version before, just haven't gotten around to trying it (my Mrs is keeping me busy with hydro-melomels....she likes 'em light and fruity...heh) Fresh sliced/grated ginger root is sublime

Latest posts

Back