Gillette Homebrew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zane

Reaction score
This is a shout out for the Gillette Homebrew Club. We run monthly meetings (rotate between member locations and other venues), group competitions, submit as a group to brew competitions, group test brews (March has a SMaSH brew going on where all members brewed up the same recipe and doing a test run), and group brew days.

The best venue to see what's up is hitting up the facebook page and checking out the events: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gillettebrewersguild/

Cheers to NE Wyoming brewers or any other homebrewer in the area.

You're missed here as well. We lost a few other regulars over the last year too due to people moving around. Then Pour Brothers moved in to another shop and they don't hold the events (that we could piggy back on to) like they used to as they're focused on the brewery. So we're down a few members.

We're doing a big drive and kicking out events this year to get some of that passion and membership back up. The beer today, compared to years ago, is awesome. It's rare a bad beer sneaks into a group meeting now that everyone has really started honing in their mistakes. Quantity is down, but quality is way up.

We really are getting this club rolling this year. Logo upcoming, member gear, guest brews, brewpub events, throw in another group brew day or two ... It's going to be a great year for beer out here.

I know if I left the area, I wouldn't be able to replace this group.

Cheers!

hell, I got used to being voted best beer every meeting! hahaha!! that's really good news about you guys doing more events! keep it up & smoke the Ale Riders! and tell everyone that Andy says hi!

Ah, I remember the good ol' days of happily bringing in something that was passable for beer, but only just. I still do it occasionally, but now I do it with a warning of what not to do...
Now we just need to work on getting the word out and bringing more people in on the fun!

Long shot an a near 10 year old thread.

Anyone in Gillette area looking to pickup some free home brew equipment? Don't have time anymore and want someone to be able to use it.

Let's be honest, hitting the longshot is usually the best feeling right up there with the smell of a fresh pack of hops, a rich malty mash, or impressing someone with your fluency in Klingon.

Unfortunately with the club effectively disbanded, those still around have effectively dropped brewing for various reasons as well.

I'm not sure if Swede is still at it, but he'd be an option to reach out to as well.

Back