Getting my hop on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvInSTL

Reaction score
Just the start of bagging up 6lbs of hops.
dscf0724customfn4.jpg

2lbs done, 4lbs left. Since this was my first time using a vacuum sealer can you tell which ones I did first? Just a hint, its not the ones on the right!
dscf0728customcj2.jpg

Just look how thin those 6oz packages on the right are.
dscf0729customqu6.jpg

2lbs down, time for a 75IBU IPA. My third and final extract brew and man is it tasting good.
dscf0731customzd9.jpg

And to quote one of the funniest movies around, "It tastes so good I want to put my dick in it!"

dscf0735customtx0.jpg

And the end results, 6lbs of hops added to the freezer!
dscf0743customur7.jpg

HarvInSTL said:
And to quote one of the funniest movies around, "It tastes so good I want to put my dick in it!"

dscf0735customtx0.jpg

And the end results, 6lbs of hops added to the freezer!
dscf0743customur7.jpg
What movie is that from? That is hillarious.

98EXL said:
DAS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

he he

I fell out of my chair when they were at oktoberfest and shirts started coming off. Damn it, i'm watching that this afternoon!

i can't watch that movie on a weeknight. i end up drinking WAY too much. I don't think you can watch it WITHOUT getting drunk, even if there is no beer in the house.

DeathBrewer said:
i can't watch that movie on a weeknight. i end up drinking WAY too much. I don't think you can watch it WITHOUT getting drunk, even if there is no beer in the house.

if you don't know what a ZJ is, you can't afford it

love that movie

DeathBrewer said:

lol I know what you mean. I started watching it at 10:30 this morning and 10mins into it I paused the movie to grab a pint of my honey wheat that I kegged yesterday. Half way thru my glass i was WTF its not even noon yet.

I'll probably add that to the collection. Actually that's where I find the recording and movie industry statements about losing billions of dollars a farce.

If I like the damn thing I end up buying the cd or dvd anyway, especially DVD's.

DeathBrewer said:

This is true. I have Beerfest on my DVR and everytime I start watching it, SWMBO looks over at me with this evil look, goes and gets me 2 more beers, and leaves the room to pursue other activities. :ban:

dj_van_gilder said:
http://www.dasbierhaus-wi.com/

I drank out of one of those boots served at this place. Thew brew their own beers as well.

Man, we must be lucky here. There are four pubs that I know of that serve boots. My favorite has 24 different beers on tap and boots go for $15. Another one, "The Essen Haus" (very popular in this college town) serves 17 german biers. They also have a live polka band and free popcorn(very important!). If any fellow HBT'ers are ever in the area, it's a really fun place to go with a group of friends (http://www.essen-haus.com/essenhaus.htm).

Before I saw beerfest, I didn't know that so few others knew about Das Boots. No wonder we were the #1 party school. :ban: :tank:

edit so i'm not utterly off topic: Anyone got any suggestions for cheap vacuum sealers. What kind is yours HarvinSTL and how much was it, if I might inquire?

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been checking this sub-forum very often. Mine is a food saver that I bought at Kohls. Normally $120 but they were on sale for $70 minus a 20% coupon I printed from the internet.

Keep an eye out for another post next week, when the 10#'s I ordered should be here!

Tastes so good I wanna put my dick in it!

Forget that, I want it to put it's dick in me!

glurble braglle Dry Martini...gabbel.

Ok well the new order should be here in a few days. For the record hop prices have went thru the roof!

But I ended up ordering 12lbs (1lb of 12 different types) and with the $40 shipping & handling totaled $167.

Pics to arrive once the hops arrive.

Madtown Brew said:
Man, we must be lucky here. There are four pubs that I know of that serve boots. My favorite has 24 different beers on tap and boots go for $15. Another one, "The Essen Haus" (very popular in this college town) serves 17 german biers. They also have a live polka band and free popcorn(very important!). If any fellow HBT'ers are ever in the area, it's a really fun place to go with a group of friends (http://www.essen-haus.com/essenhaus.htm).

Madison is by far one of my favorite city's in the country. I taught the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps in 03, 04, and 06 so I spent alot of time in Madison. The Essen Haus is great. The Irish Pub is my favorite, they got a kick ass juke box. If you happen to go there, Taj, one of the bartender's there is awesome!!!

Back