Getting all cocky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchnGrin

Reaction score
So I was hanging at a fun place in Atlanta. My buddy buys gets the first round, SN Pale Ale, and I was all like 'my stuff blows this away.'

sooooooo then I get the next round. Sweetwater IPA. Okay, maybe I have some more work to do.

Whoa Nelly I love that beer.. Actually, both are good but different beers. I just have a hard time throwing that many hops in the kettle.

It's all about huge late editions and dry hopping for sure! Buy in bulk, chuck em in, and enjoy!

My Badfish IPA recipe uses 9 oz of hops in the boil, 8 oz of that in the last 15 minutes, and another 3 oz for dry hop. Hop Bursting is definitely the way to go, it's worth it.

I'm from Atlanta and loveeee almost everything Sweetwater puts out. I've lived in FL the last 10 years, and was happy to hear that Sweetwater picked up a FL distributor starting in 2013!!

Do they distribute Cigar City in GA yet? I know they planned on a distributer in Savannah in 2012, but I never heard if it went down. If they have it in Atlanta, pick some up. It's world class beer brewed about 15 miles from my house. WORLD CLASS.

The guy who owns Cigar City is the son of a well known strip club magnate and civil rights advocate here in town. Brews and Ho's, that's the family business, and they do both extremely well!

I haven't seen Cigar City up here but I will look for it. I get down to St. Pete for work and I've driven by it several times. I'll make a point to stop by! (for the brews of course....)

Cigar City has made it's way to Atlanta, but it's hard to come by. I only see it occasionally.

As far as the Sweetwater IPA goes, I can't do more than one. It's not that it's too hoppy, but after a while it tastes like you're chewing on wet leaves. I picture a pile of leaves raked up in the fall that have been sitting for a couple days. Everything else SW puts out is pretty good. Their Motorboat (ESB) and Exodus Porter are really really good, and Happy Ending (Stout) and Festive Ale (Imperial Stout, I believe) are just incredible.

If sweetwater is the beer that brings you down a notch you need to practice up on brewing. I cant say I have ever tasted a sweetwater that excited me.

Son I've had a Furious in St Paul, a Two Hearted in Grand Rapids, a Myrcenary in Denver, Lucky Bucket in Lincoln etc etc. Sweetwater Ipa hangs tough, but gets bonus points when served by a Georgia Peach. You're from WV you wouldn't understand.

Like its been said. Buy hops in bulk because it makes it easier to make a hoppy beer. Large, late additions are what can make your brews compete with the pros.

We will have will agree to disagree.

FYI, this backwards, redneck, kin pumpin, hillbilly has drank beer at most of the best breweries in this country through 46 states in the last 2 years alone including a sweetwater IPA served by GA peaches...but yeah...I guess I just wouldn't understand.

I'm just goofing with you, I should have thrown in some stupid faces. I love WV, we rafted the Gauley several times and watched crazy people jump off the new river bridge. Good stuff.

But I married a Georgia Peach, I won't back down on them being the best around.:ban:

Also, I have 5 lbs of hops in the freezer and most my beers have 5-6oz minimum. So like I said, my brews are good. Part of what I'm saying is I love Simcoe and Chinook (my guess of what's in SWIPA)

I have lbs of Columbus, Amarillo, Centennial, Willamette and Galena. I always want what I don't have.

We have a moutain in west by God with our sirname on it. Haven't been back in years. yoy need a 4 wjeel drive & high powered rifle to get up in there. Loretty lynn got nothin on us.

Back