getting a keg bot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaWhite5522

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been following kegbot ( WWW.kegbot.org ) for quite some time. I think it is the coolest project ever, and I finaly pulled the trigger and got myself a Nexus 7. Rooting the device so that it charges the device, and powers the meters was easy. My flow meters ship on Monday, I can wait to get this fully up and running. I will get a few pics up soon.

Got the App running and took a snap shot of it, it looks pretty bare bones right now. I am picking up a small HP notebook to work s the dedicated server, once I have the server running the back end I should be able to open up all the features of this project.

img_20140706_093344_718-63275.jpg

I suppose if I had friends this would be neat. As is it would just be a grim reminder of how much I actually drink...

Tripper. I like the raspberry pint tap list you have., I've been planning on looking into that as well. Oh well one project at a time. Going to try and install ubunto then set up the server tonight and see how everything goes.

Got the kegbot on kickstarted as well. Have run the server a bit on a RaspberryPi, and fooled around for a while today using Amazon AWS's EC2 free tier to set it up as well. http://54.88.143.3:8001

Not at home with my kegerator so haven't gotten to use the device with the server yet (only worked off the local mode). Very fun

mullins,

good to see you got some success going, i haven't got my production mode up yet, and I should have my otg cable here soon. I have some IT guru friends coming over to brew tomorrow, so I am hoping for some big developments this weekend.

keep posting your progress. I dont mind a bit of thread jacking.

Got the App running and took a snap shot of it, it looks pretty bare bones right now. I am picking up a small HP notebook to work s the dedicated server, once I have the server running the back end I should be able to open up all the features of this project.

img_20140706_093344_718-63275.jpg

This looks like R2-D2.
I have nothing useful to add.

Back