german beer wishlist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
I work at a business jet charter company out of Scottsdale as a mechanic, and we've got a challenger going to Germany at the end of the week.

my co-workers and I are looking to put together a list of good german beers for the crew to pick up and bring back. and figured I should throw a post up here to see if there were some additional beers that may have not made the list.

Patrizier edel dunkel, Patrizier dunkel, Patrizier helles, Tucher dunkel, St. Georgen Brau dunkel... I'm a bit partial to dunkels :D There was a style of beer called "percalatuer" (SP?) it was a red beer if memory serves. Baerliner made a fantastic alt, but I know you won't find outside Nurnberg. If they have fridge/freezer space, ask therm to bring you some fest wurst or weiss wurst. Patrizier & Tucher might be tough to find outside the Nurnberg area though & I can't remember what we drank in Frankfurt or Bamberg. Hope you get some great brews! Regards, GF.

You'll probably have to make do with a few of the nationally distributed Pilsners and Weizens, and whatever the regional specialty is. Beer distribution (and selection) is Germany is nothing like it is in the United States.

Back