Genesis Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered two of them, should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how they turn out. I don't plan on using the liners, just as a regular ferm vessel. I liked the idea of the handles for moving them around and you can't the price. BTW both of those retailers are the same company, just different names. That's they they have the same sale going on.

I just ordered two of them, should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how they turn out. I don't plan on using the liners, just as a regular ferm vessel. I liked the idea of the handles for moving them around and you can't the price. BTW both of those retailers are the same company, just different names. That's they they have the same sale going on.

Ha. I didn't know that about Austin Homebrew/Adventures in Homebrewing. Back in the day, Austin Homebrew was my LBHS.

Yeah, the liners seem like an unnecessary complication.

Ha! I saw these too. Wasn't sure if the liners were necessary- my thought was maybe they aren't the right type of plastic

I just looked at them yesterday. It says the liner is the same PET plastic as the fermenter itself and they’re not necessary but make clean up easier.
I was tempted for $10

Confused. In one place they say it is PET and in another they say HDPE (in the Adventures in Homebrewing Q&A)

Confused. In one place they say it is PET and in another they say HDPE (in the Adventures in Homebrewing Q&A)

Maybe one is the bottle, one is the liner?

Both should be safe either way. generally speaking.

I have had a variety of carboys over the years, and am currently mostly using a Catalyst fermenter. I have a Big Mouth Bubbler as a secondary for my Russian Imperials. I am seriously thinking of another one of those as a primary as well. It's just so simple, and cheap too. Maybe something to consider as a comparison to the links above.

https://www.northernbrewer.com/prod...Q-90BebF6LtDaop3uzPvIhRnDLU-hg1saAtZ-EALw_wcB

Maybe one is the bottle, one is the liner?

Both should be safe either way. generally speaking.

I have had a variety of carboys over the years, and am currently mostly using a Catalyst fermenter. I have a Big Mouth Bubbler as a secondary for my Russian Imperials. I am seriously thinking of another one of those as a primary as well. It's just so simple, and cheap too. Maybe something to consider as a comparison to the links above.

https://www.northernbrewer.com/prod...Q-90BebF6LtDaop3uzPvIhRnDLU-hg1saAtZ-EALw_wcB

Big Mouth Bubbler is what I currently use for primary. I also have a Better Bottle knockoff if my brewing schedule gets really ambitious, but they're a pain in the ass to clean. Still use glass for any lengthy secondary.

The Genesis attracted me for the wide mouth and ridiculous price point.

Wow , 10$ ! . Makes you wonder why they cut the price that much. 10 bucks is nothing to find out though.

Just got mine in the mail today. First thing I noticed is the thickness on the plastic, definitely thicker and heavier duty than my Fermonster or Better Bottle fermenters. The bottom of the fermenter is stamped with HDPE - RC2. The handles are not hollow, I was worried they'd be hollow and collect krausen in them. They are solid though, and the interior where the handle connects is smooth. The lid reminds me of the Fermonster lid, just plastic screw on with a gasket. The only thing I don't like is the #7 stopper size. I like the #10s on the Fermonster because it easily fits my airlock and thermowell. I may try one of these from Anvil, just seems really small to fit two holes in one stopper.

https://www.anvilbrewing.com/product-p/be-001504-00.htm
At this price point I am extremely happy with them. I'll be brewing a RyePA later and testing them out.

|I've been looking at them too. In trying to research, |I think they've been discontinued by the manufacturer, hence the discount. I'm still thinking about them not at $15, not $10. My old buckets are starting to show more wear than I'm really comfortable with. The trick is, unless you get up to the $55 free shipping, it's more to ship than they cost.

|I've been looking at them too. In trying to research, |I think they've been discontinued by the manufacturer, hence the discount. I'm still thinking about them not at $15, not $10. My old buckets are starting to show more wear than I'm really comfortable with. The trick is, unless you get up to the $55 free shipping, it's more to ship than they cost.

I don't think they do free shipping on them regardless, only certain items. I ordered two of the fermenters and 3 of their used kegs. I was well over the $55 and still paid for shipping on the order. I am in Michigan though where AIH is located, so shipping is never too bad for me regardless of what I get.

I don't think they do free shipping on them regardless, only certain items. I ordered two of the fermenters and 3 of their used kegs. I was well over the $55 and still paid for shipping on the order. I am in Michigan though where AIH is located, so shipping is never too bad for me regardless of what I get.

You're right. "Standard shipping rates apply". I hadn't noticed that.

Wow , 10$ ! . Makes you wonder why they cut the price that much. 10 bucks is nothing to find out though.

Brewcraft dumped these onto the wholesaler market a little while ago, they struggled for years to make headways.

Yes

Back