Gear motor mill. For less than $250 CDN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had been hunting for a while for a decent grain mill. I wanted something simple that didn't take up much room. Pricing things out, it was getting rather expensive, very quickly.

Late one night I was on the auction site and noticed an item that looked too good to be true.
It was a small 20W, gear motor driven, two roller adjustable mill. Free shipping even!

Well for under $215 CDN, shipped I pulled the trigger.

It arrived the other day and it is pretty solid! There was one problem though, but nothing that someone who is handy couldn't handle.

The coupling that was transferring power was garbage. It was a solid piece of brass that was too big for the shaft sizes. I didn't like it. So for about $7 I picked up a 3/8" Lovejoy coupling, bored it out to 10mm and then I had to make a small shaft extension to bridge the gap.

I cleaned it up and put it back together and ran a handful of grain with the gap set at 0.038".

The mill runs at 40rpm and it works awesome. Very pleased with the performance, not so much the coupling it arrived with.

The crush seemed too fine set at 0.038" though. I'll have to play with it.
20180505_113211.jpeg
20180505_183717.jpeg
20180505_183055.jpeg

Back