GE SMR04 4.38 cu. ft. Minifridge to Kegerator Conversion??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check Thread. Mine is an smro3... there was not enough room in front of the hump so I made a collar and it works great and will fit 2 5 gallon corny kegs no problem. I only have it pictured with a 3 gallon but they will fit. The co2 tank fits on the hump

I have 2 WMR04 GE's. The technical data tag on the back is also for the SMR04, so they are likely the same unit.

I have collars on both of them, using them both for keg storage, fermentation and lagering.

On the first one that I modified, I bent down the freezer plate, relocated the temperature control, removed the door shelves and trimmed off the side shelf supports and then covered the exposed foam with a thin layer of vinyl. With 2 ball lock cornies the door would not quite close. I did not pursue it any further since I was going to add a collar anyway to hold 4 kegs.

Hope this helps.

Back