Gave up on Amcyl and bought AEB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungdahl

Reaction score
I purchased a 3 gal AMCYL keg from a local supplier. Looking forward to some root beer. I had nothing but trouble. The ball lock connecters (CMbecker) were hard to get on/off especially on the liquid side. A complaint I've heard from others with Amcyl. The top was hard to get positioned right. I had to center it so the spacing was the same all the way around, same amount of ohoh-ring showing. I was getting nothing but foam. People said replace dip tube o-ring. Didn't help. Try this try that, didn't help. Finally, I had had enough. I called my supplier and said I was returning it for refund and wanted to order an AEB.
When I was cleaning it for return I noticed the flared flange on top of the dip tube was cracked, the gas tube was the same. Amcyl may have quality control issues.
I took it back and ordered the AEB. It came 2 days later. WOW what a difference in quality. No fiddling with the top, it just fits, no miss, no gaps, no exposed o-ring. The ball lock connecters go on easy, like they should.
I got my root beer in last night. Have new liquid lines with duotight connecters. We will see in a few days. I also got a pluto beer gun for dispensing, flow control tap may come later.

Back