Gas question on brew station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HnyBadger

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,
I have a question to ask the smarter people than myself on this forum. I just completed my single tier brew station fit with 3 banjo burners. I have a black pipe line with 3 needle valves plumbed to my propane tank. Everything is working great. One thing I notice when a burner is burning and I close the incoming gas @ the Needle valve, I get a pop when the gas goes out. Can someone please entertain this situation. Thanks and Cheers:mug:

Mine do this occasionally as well. I believe it is because the gas/air mixture gets disrupted while flames are still present. Try closing your needle valve slower, although it is not really a problem to worry about.

The "pop" when the gas is turned off is a normal thing called flash back, and is not a threat to the burner or gas system. This happens when the flow of air/gas stops flowing up through the burner openings and the flame passes down through the burner openings and lights the mixture inside the burner creating the "pop" sound and a small flame flash out the air shutter sometimes.

I agree. Perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about. I have a propane stove in my camper trailer, does the same thing.

Back