Gas one kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastbaybrewer

Reaction score
Home Depot is now carrying gas one kettles. Anyone have one? If so how's the quality?

Hey eastbay, I don't have one yet but was planning to pick up two for an eHERMS setup I'm building. I will report back once I receive them. Crazy that HD carries them! They look quite a bit better than the other budget option (the Concord 15g stainless non tri-ply) that I've been using for the past 1.5 years. The liquid measurements on the GasOne is really a nice feature, and is one of the main reasons I'm buying two of those rather than 2 more matching Concord kettles (plus they're only $10 more on amazon).

Where in the eastbay are you? I grew up in Concord, spent a lot of time in Martinez/Antioch, and went to college up north in Sonoma.

Hey eastbay, I don't have one yet but was planning to pick up two for an eHERMS setup I'm building. I will report back once I receive them. Crazy that HD carries them! They look quite a bit better than the other budget option (the Concord 15g stainless non tri-ply) that I've been using for the past 1.5 years. The liquid measurements on the GasOne is really a nice feature, and is one of the main reasons I'm buying two of those rather than 2 more matching Concord kettles (plus they're only $10 more on amazon).

Where in the eastbay are you? I grew up in Concord, spent a lot of time in Martinez/Antioch, and went to college up north in Sonoma.
Hi. I'm in Rhode Island lol. Different East Bay. Looking forward to hearing how like the kettle.

Hi. I'm in Rhode Island lol. Different East Bay. Looking forward to hearing how like the kettle.
Hahaha aw dang. Ok! Ordering within the next couple weeks. Will update then. I'd do it sooner but we're in the process of moving house and don't want to have to move a bunch of extra equipment!

I've had one for around a year. Imo, great grade and gauge of SS for the price. Build is sturdy and volume marks are accurate. Valve can be disassembled for cleaning.

There is a lip around the bottom that's not ideal, but I've been able to work around it

I've had one for around a year. Imo, great grade and gauge of SS for the price. Build is sturdy and volume marks are accurate. Valve can be disassembled for cleaning.

There is a lip around the bottom that's not ideal, but I've been able to work around it

That's good to hear. I'm a little torn between having 3 matching Concord kettles as I already have one, which are single ply and have no etching, but will look consistent on a single tier system and don't have that lip, or having two Gasone kettles for the HLT and MLT, and using the Concord kettle as the BK.

Pros of Concord Kettles vs Gasone
  • All 3 vessels look the same
  • No lip - presumably easier to mount a 240v heat element down lower
  • It looks like the domed Concord Kettle false bottom makes for less dead space
Pros of Gasone Vs Concord Kettles
  • Better build quality, looks nicer
  • Etchings - wouldn't need a 3rd party sight glass or attempt my own etching to measure strike and sparge water (I failed horribly doing this on the Concord)
  • Eventually I could swap the BK for another Gasone and have them all match/more easily calculate boiloff with the volume etchings
Decisions, decisions.

Back