Gas Line Thickness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagatris

Reaction score
My current regulator has 5/16" red gas line coming off the nipples. I'm adding in a 4 way manifold that has 1/4" nipples. Will 1/4" ID gas line work best for running from the regulator to the manifold?

Also, what about the thickness of the gas line? The existing line is red, thick walled. But all the 1/4" line I see is the clear single wall. Is there any risk in using the gas line that is not as thick? Keep in mind, this will be the line running between the regulator and the manifold. This will also be the line running from the manifold to the kegs.

I would like to use the red line to help distinguish the gas from liquid lines. I read that they sell the red line at lowes/home depot. But I'm leery of putting 5/16" hose on all of the 1/4" connections.

I went ahead and ordered 1/2" clear gas line. I'll use my existing 5/16 red to run from regulator to manifold. A couple layers of teflon tape should help secure the 1/4 to 5/16 transition.

Back