Gas Burner for a Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankisanerd

Reaction score
I have a Keg I will be using for a kettle. What gas burner you use for the size of the keg?

Thank you in adavance

Most of the turkey fryers are good, or good enough, just make certain that they can support the weight of the full keggle and have enough there so that when it get hot it doesn't bend/colapse and give up. The Bayou Classic is one that many use, and the Hellfire is another good one. The Bayou Classic is a bit more economically priced.

My main concern is that the burner is use now is a Bayou Classic and the diameter of the Keg is too large and the keg rocks..

Most of the turkey fryers are good, or good enough, just make certain that they can support the weight of the full keggle and have enough there so that when it get hot it doesn't bend/colapse and give up. The Bayou Classic is one that many use, and the Hellfire is another good one. The Bayou Classic is a bit more economically priced.
My main concern is that the burner is use now is a Bayou Classic and the diameter of the Keg is too large and the keg rocks..

Which model BC are you currently using/having trouble using with a keggle?
While Bayou Classic has pretty much renamed and then added to their fleet of burners over the last 10-15 years, the original KAB4 and KAB6 were pretty popular with keggle users and are still available...

Cheers!

Which model BC are you currently using/having trouble using with a keggle?
While Bayou Classic has pretty much renamed and then added to their fleet of burners over the last 10-15 years, the original KAB4 and KAB6 were pretty popular with keggle users and are still available...

Cheers!
It is an older one.
E645C856-3FB9-4550-99B0-FABFD9CFFCA3.jpeg

Attachments

• B081825E-65B9-4894-95F6-3CE48F2A6071.jpeg
    B081825E-65B9-4894-95F6-3CE48F2A6071.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Right. I can see the issue - plus the unmentioned SP-10 noise maker ;)
I'd get on your local Craig's List and see if anyone is selling a KAB4 or KAB6 burner, or equivalent.
Not only are the burner frames heavy duty, the BG14 burner used is very quite, typically quieter than a brew pump...

Cheers!

I used the Blichmann Hellfire. I can not recommend that burner enough. It uses twice as much fuel as a turkey fryer, but it gets up to heat without playing around!

Back