Garden Cart Brew Sculpture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny1211

Reaction score
For a while I have a need to have a portable outside brew sculpture as I am tired of lugging everything out of the basement. However, when funds permit I want to build something more substantial although I'm not sure yet as to inside electric or outside gas style. In the mean time, I was looking to repurpose a garden cart with pnuematic tires into a single tier brew sculpture. I searched, but didn't see anything like this out there. I want pneumatic so I can store it outside in a shed and roll across lawn with ease.

Here are my concerns. 1) The largest platform I found was 24" x 49." Is this too small for 2 keggles and a 10 gal igloo cool MLT (looking to add a 3rd keggle soon)? 2) I saw Ruby Street has a single tier with pneumatic tires that look relatively close to a burner. I'm a little concerned with rubber tires close to a burner. Do you see any problem with this? I currently have 2 Bayou Classic SP10s.

The carts I'm looking at from Lowes, HD, HF, etc are rated for 1000 lbs or more, so weight shouldn't be an issue. They seem to run ~$100 so cost is minimal. I have level ground and would chock the tires, so rolling shouldn't be an issue. Any thoughts and direction, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Back