Gahrg...! There is no time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
So almost 3 months ago I started working a second job due to my dog dying and having the available hours. I love it for the extra pay and it keeps me from just sitting around. Though, I do not like that it keeps me from my two loves, my girl and my brewing...

Both of my jobs are in the same city which happens to be where the lady friend lives as well. Since starting the job I have made it home no more than once a week and only spent the night there once in the last 3 weeks. I stay at my girls place because I am off so late from the second job but she is already sleeping when I get there and I leave before she wakes up.

Aside from no real time with her, my main issue is the lack of brewing. I have not been able to touch my gear in some time now let alone break it out and make up a batch. To make things worse I have 5 gallons of a blonde that needs to be kegged, 5 gallons of a hefe that is kegged and needs to be drunk, 5 gallons of an ESB that is sitting in my cube (no chill) waiting to be pitched, 2 filthy fermenters that need to be cleaned out, and some miscellaneous equipment that needs cleaning. All of which I cannot do anything about! I HAVE NO TIME!

Like I said, I love working this much and will continue to do so for at least a few more months. In fact, I just agreed to help a buddy out on the weekends that I don't work job number 2, I will now be helping him because he needs some extra hands with his remodeling/carpentry buisiness.

Just a small rant...

Anyone else enjoying the two job grind?

Have kids. You won't even recognize the couch after that and the last thing you'll want is time alone with the GF (that's how you got the kids in teh first place).

Ah priorities. I would absolutely hate being single and having to date again. I am so set in my ways and have a wife that leaves me alone when I need "me time" that if for some reason I end up single again, I would probable be a "confirmed bachelor".

sounds like you just need to schedule a day off to get some brewing done! Atleast twice a year I take a monday or friday off on a random week to get an extra 3day weekend in. these days are great for brewing or catching up on what ever.

sounds like you just need to schedule a day off to get some brewing done! Atleast twice a year I take a monday or friday off on a random week to get an extra 3day weekend in. these days are great for brewing or catching up on what ever.

+1.

My advice if you do this is to make sure your wife and kids do NOT know about this day off. Otherwise you will be bothered with stupid little things not of your choosing.

Get up early and start at it! It's amazing what you can get done if you can focus on your task.

What is wrong with that woman that she can't stay up a bit late once or twice a week to service her man??

ah, we still find time for that on a regular basis.;)

I would love to and should.

My birthday is in october and I was planning on taking a few days off around that time. I'm sure there will be a day or two when she still has to work so I will just have to brew up a few batches then.

...Just a small rant...

Anyone else enjoying the two job grind?

Nope. :D
Brewed last night.
Brewing again Friday night. (Halloween is right around the corner).
Transferring some older IIPA to bottles tonight.
Scrubbing down a half dozen kegs Saturday.
Revamping my grain storage system on Sunday.

But don't let all that make you feel bad. :p

Nope. :D
Brewed last night.
Brewing again Friday night. (Halloween is right around the corner).
Transferring some older IIPA to bottles tonight.
Scrubbing down a half dozen kegs Saturday.
Revamping my grain storage system on Sunday.

But don't let all that make you feel bad. :p

you son of a....

:D

Back