GABF results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome that you can support your local brewery!

I'll be taking mine over...

...ever hear of Lazy Magnolia Brewery?

They don't know it yet, but they're going out of business...:cross:

I was over at Pelican yesterday (not local, but close enough to go there for lunch). They missed Small Brewer by less than a barrel a day. So, they had to settle for Large Brewer/Brewpub and five medals. I picked up a growler of the Bridal Vail seasional and one of their Elemental Fresh Hop ales.

It's nice to see them win again. Darrin, unlike many brewers, hones his styles to perfection and saves inventiveness for seasonals. He also doesn't chase trends.

I think Mark at Golden Valley could do as well, but his management won't fund something like GABF. Bloody shame.

Rhoobabr doesn't show up much anymore, but he goes to Flossmoor a lot I think.
We'll be up that way over Thanksgiving, I think I might stake that place out.

Also, did you see Pliny won an award? :D

And Leinies, and New Glarus kicked butt as well. Go Wisconsin breweries!

Category: 22 American-Style Specialty Lager - 19 Entries
Gold: Mickey’s Malt Liquor, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI
Silver: Icehouse, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI
Bronze: HG 800, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI

Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?

I also thought that Pabst winning a gold medal was pretty funny. Old Stinky took another gold! (Old Mil Light)

Dude said:
Rhoobabr doesn't show up much anymore, but he goes to Flossmoor a lot I think.
We'll be up that way over Thanksgiving, I think I might stake that place out.

Also, did you see Pliny won an award? :D

And Leinies, and New Glarus kicked butt as well. Go Wisconsin breweries!

The station is pretty far from downtown Chicago, but the nice thing is that you can get on the metra line (train) in the middle of downtown and it will drop you off right at the door. Since Flossmoor station is the old converted train staton for Flossmoor, and its still used.

I know that Rhoobarb likes the place, I have heard him talk about going there. I have not seen him around much either.

I don't even want to think about how many Mickeys 'Big Mouths' we killed in College. Lets just say 'A lot'.

The New Glarus brewery once again is the mid-size brewery of the year. It's so sad that Spotted Cow is their best selling beer. Most of the beers are very good.

Dude said:
Rhoobarb doesn't show up much anymore, but he goes to Flossmoor a lot I think....

Yeah, was really busy all last month. I've been caught up in activities with friends or family and doing more model railroad related stuff. I haven't brewed anything in nearly a month! To top things off, I started having DSL problems at home last week and haven't had the time to try and get them fixed. Things will calm down a bit now that October is here. Next up will be a Scotch Ale, probably the weekend after this (10/14). The weekend after that, it's a big train show in PA with two buddies!

I saw that about Flossmoor Station! Was glad to see them win. It's getting to be a habit with them! In fact, last weekend we celebrated my girlfriend's birthday and combined my two hobbies: we had homebrew, burgers and watched trains at the Rochelle Railroad Park on Saturday and went to Flossmoor Station on Sunday for dinner and to catch part of the Bears' game. She lives not far from there. I brought back two growlers - their Oktoberfest and Vishnu's Vice IPA, which is excellent! It was her beer of choice for the evening.

Their Pullman Brown has won numerous awards. It's an excellent example of the style, IMO. When they used to have it available, Angry Mike’s Stoudt Creek (Experimental beer winner) was her beer of choice.

Definitely let us know if you're going to be there around Turkey Day, we can meet up!

Latest posts

Back