Gabf 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got everything except for thursday. GRRR my second favorite session. Here is hoping for tomorrow. If not, these are going on sale on stub hub. **** TICKETMASTER!!!

WOW Already sold out. Thanks for nothing ticketmaster

you've got to be kidding me.

GF got hers to go through on her phone, but i couldnt get it work at all. If its sold out, looks like i got screwed as well and only ended up with half out tickets.

I got my tickets for Saturday, but not able to go back in and get them for Thursday. Oh well, give it another shot tomorrow I guess.

It accepted my code but, ticketmaster has been "working on my request" for 10 mins now. what the f**k!! Sounds like I missed out.

you've got to be kidding me.

GF got hers to go through on her phone, but i couldnt get it work at all. If its sold out, looks like i got screwed as well and only ended up with half out tickets.

Well I should of said the THUR is already sold out. I was able to get everything else. I guess i have to do this all over again tomorrow. **** TM

Aren't you glad they make it so "convenient" for you and charge that wonderful "convenience" fee?

They run a business, not a non profit. Not standing up for TM in any way, but how long would they last if they performed their "service" for free? I blame AHA more than TM.

They run a business, not a non profit. Not standing up for TM in any way, but how long would they last if they performed their "service" for free? I blame AHA more than TM.

Hey, I have absolutely no problem paying the fee if their "service" worked. The fee isnt the issue, its the fact that we are paying a fee for something that doesnt work. It's not like this is the first time, they totally botched the member pre-sale last year as well.

Hey, I have absolutely no problem paying the fee if their "service" worked. The fee isnt the issue, its the fact that we are paying a fee for something that doesnt work. It's not like this is the first time, they totally botched the member pre-sale last year as well.

How did you pay the fee if you didn't get tickets?

Sorry to hear others are having issues. Mine worked fine but the last page kept auto-refreshing for over a minute. Definitely made me nervous since we'd already booked airfare and hotel.

well I found a package deal for airline, hotel and car rental on hotwire, but it appears I may not even need it now. The hotel was in Denver itself. I may just go to denver anyway. I've been wanting to go and check out some of the breweries out there. We'll see.

Got two tickets to saturday noon.....but, it would not take my AHA # for about 15 minutes. It finally accepted it and went through.....pure, blind luck - pretty much like everything else the AHA has put out in the last couple years. Seriously, it is getting a little old - what was the last thing they did that actually went as it should?

And, don't give me the "well there is a lot of demand" BS - there is far more demand for far more things than what the AHA is selling, with far less problems. I don't get it - I really don't. I support the AHA, and it is not that they have not done a lot of good things, but if every one of their "events" is going to be a CF to participate in, maybe they should rethink that aspect of their mission. Right now, they are not very good at it.

It finally accepted my code, and I got members only tickets. But it locked me out just long enough for all my other attempts at other sessions to get rejected. How do I get tix to members only, but locked out of everything else? So freakin' frustrated.

AHA really needs to get their **** together on this. Ticketmaster is clearly sh1ttting the bed on this, and people PAY for this particular feature of their memberships.

I'm not even sure I'm going to go at this point. SMH....

I was shut out for Saturday, but have already made arrangements for Denver. I made travel arrangements knowing there may be a risk in getting shut out. However, I planned on paying the premium on Stubhub to fill in any holes in missing tickets.

However, I do not see the event on Stubhub! Am I screwed or will the event be created on Stubhub soon?

well I found a package deal for airline, hotel and car rental on hotwire, but it appears I may not even need it now. The hotel was in Denver itself. I may just go to denver anyway. I've been wanting to go and check out some of the breweries out there. We'll see.

PLENTY of other beer related things going on in Denver that week, I'd say it's definitely still worth the trip. This is going on the Friday of GABF: http://www.pintsforprostates.org/?p=1429

Got two tickets to saturday noon.....but, it would not take my AHA # for about 15 minutes. It finally accepted it and went through.....pure, blind luck - pretty much like everything else the AHA has put out in the last couple years. Seriously, it is getting a little old - what was the last thing they did that actually went as it should?

And, don't give me the "well there is a lot of demand" BS - there is far more demand for far more things than what the AHA is selling, with far less problems. I don't get it - I really don't. I support the AHA, and it is not that they have not done a lot of good things, but if every one of their "events" is going to be a CF to participate in, maybe they should rethink that aspect of their mission. Right now, they are not very good at it.

:mug:

They have seriously let me down two years in a row on this. If it's ticketmaster's fault, then AHA is still responsible for letting TM handle it's presale. I'm so disappointed. Zymurgy alone isn't worth my membership.

I got mine but with the same issues people have reported (code not accepted lots of times, final page auto refreshing, etc.).

I'm pretty sure this is just the system only being able to handle so many hits at once.

I was shut out for Saturday, but have already made arrangements for Denver. I made travel arrangements knowing there may be a risk in getting shut out. However, I planned on paying the premium on Stubhub to fill in any holes in missing tickets.

However, I do not see the event on Stubhub! Am I screwed or will the event be created on Stubhub soon?

You'll find tickets all over craigslist. I wouldn't worry about it.

:mug:

They have seriously let me down two years in a row on this. If it's ticketmaster's fault, then AHA is still responsible for letting TM handle it's presale. I'm so disappointed. Zymurgy alone isn't worth my membership.
the AHA member deals and this ticket pre-sale are the only reasons why I have my membership.

Per the twitter update about 15 min ago, Thursday, Friday and Saturday afternoon are all sold out. Only Saturday evening left.

I ended up being able to get our tickets through our phones and hopefully my volunteering tickets will get me in for Thursday.

You'll find tickets all over craigslist. I wouldn't worry about it.

No you wont, CL doest allow the sale of tickets by a non ticket broker.
I tried selling my tickets last year on CL when I realized that trying to go to the Friday and Saturday sessions before/after the Saturday afternoon session was a crazy idea.

I tried selling my tickets last year on CL when I realized that trying to go to the Friday and Saturday sessions before/after the Saturday afternoon session was a crazy idea.

My buddy was able to get a ticket for his g/f on CL last year from a random guy. Ended up meeting at Denver Beer Co and bought his ticket.

Per the twitter update about 15 min ago, Thursday, Friday and Saturday afternoon are all sold out. Only Saturday evening left.

I ended up being able to get our tickets through our phones and hopefully my volunteering tickets will get me in for Thursday.

Did they tweet an apology to those of us they fvcked over for the 2nd year in a row by any chance?

Ok, nobody wants to hear me b1tched...I'll stop. But....:mad::smack:

keep trying! you guys give up too soon...

I have carpal tunnel. The tweet says there's no tickets. How long am I supposed to keep typing in security codes before I believe them when they say they're sold out? I tried relentlessly from the moment the sale went on, and they shut me out until 10-15 minutes after others had already bought their tickets. In the end I got the tickets to the members only on Saturday, but somehow the others got all snatched up. TM is a scam. I have a feeling there's a select group of scalpers that can totally game the system.

Did they tweet an apology to those of us they fvcked over for the 2nd year in a row by any chance?

Ok, nobody wants to hear me b1tched...I'll stop. But....:mad::smack:

No, but they reall should have. Its irritating dealing with them. I was talking to TM over the phone and they basically told me too bad, so sad.

I got mine but with the same issues people have reported (code not accepted lots of times, final page auto refreshing, etc.).

I'm pretty sure this is just the system only being able to handle so many hits at once.

Isn't this the same system designed to sell stadium concerts? I highly doubt there enough AHA members to overwhelm it. If there are, then they need to seriously consider some investment in something other then commodore 64s to process sales. ;-)

That's BS. Craigslist totally allows non broker private ticket sales:

http://denver.craigslist.org/tia/

See where it says "tickets, by owner"?

I go to approximately 20 Furthur shows a year and I don't always have tickets before I go. I've bought and sold numerous extra tickets on CL and I'm not a broker whatsoever. Solar Steve was with me last year at GABF and had only 1 out of the 4 tickets and yet he managed to get into each session, even buying a brewers pass from someone leaving early for the Saturday night session.

You want in, you'll get in.

I don't know? Is it? Is EVERY popular concert or event that ticket master does a CF? Maybe it is. Be curious if others have the same problems when they got to something else that is popular.

The ONLY part of the process I had a problem with was my AHA 90000# - everything else was smooth as silk.

More BS, these scalpers get tickets, but those of us who truly loved craft beer and brewing get the shaft....

Edit, the scalpers are starting at 150 PER ticket.

breath jbay...sorry everyone who's tired of hearing me wank. I'm trying to relax about this, but ffs, two years in a row...it's probably my fault for looking forward to this so much.

Wanted the Friday evening but kept getting the "high demand ticket unavailable" notice. Settled for the Saturday evening session. What a hassle for getting presale tickets.

Back