Gabf 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delete your browsing history, particularly cookies. I did that and managed to get my tix but wa having the same issue as the rest of you.

Woo! Just got my tickets for the member's only session.

I heard they sold out within 10 days last year. How long do you think it will take for these to sell out?

I'm sure it will sell out quickly again.
I like the Thursday and Friday sessions - the Saturday night seems to be rookie night and the whole vibe is different. Looking forward to my first Sat afternoon session!

Got my tickets to the Saturday member's only session and the Thursday night session. As a Colorado native and a Denver resident for 8 years I'm ashamed to say that this will be my first GABF. I know know, for shame!

Anyway, for all you out of towners that are coming and looking to check out some breweries while you're here, please visit some out these smaller, local places. I know that Avery, Left Hand, New Belgium are well known outside of Denver, but some of these smaller guys are putting out fantastic stuff.

Renegade Brewing Company. My favorite local brewery.
Wit's End Brewing Company <---IMO, they make the city's best Hefe
River North Brewery. They primarily use Belgian yeasts in their brews, so if you're into that sort of thing be sure to check them out!
Strange Brewing Company. In a quirky spot under the interstate, but they always have something creative on tap or firkin.
Copper Kettle Brewing Company. A little further from downtown, but nearly everything they make is grade A solid.
TRVE Brewing Company. Brand new brewery just a hop and a skip from downtown, just a few months old but demand for their brews is high.
Hogshead Brewery. English style brews on tap and in casks.
Breckenridge Brewery. Most should be familiar with them.
Bull & Bush. They recently took home 4 medals at the World Cup, plus you can do tableside hop infusions!
Del Norte Brewing Company. Mexican style beers. They just opened a new tap room.
Dry Dock Brewing. Previously mentioned in this thread. Kinda far from downtown in Aurora, but they have a lot of taps and a huge tasting room.
Vine Street Pub Sister to the Mountain Sun of Boulder, they recently opened their own brewery. FYI, CASH ONLY, so be prepared.
Caution Brewing Co.
Yak and Yeti. This is actually a Indian/Nepalese restaurant, but they also make their own beer.
Golden City Brewery. Located in Golden, their tap room is crazy tiny, but they have a large backyard patio with great views of the mountains. Second Largest Brewery in Golden, CO! :D
Great Diving Brewing Company. No need to explain. Go get some Yeti.
Wynkoop Brewing Company. Conveniently located downtown, plus they have a full kitchen unlike most of these other places.

Good luck...have fun...Remember it's okay to taste beers instead of getting smashed. Try to survey the seen early as possible and find out which beers are the most rare and unique.

Don't be ashamed to dump and spit beers that you test...

Also, there are plenty beer centric bars in the area:

The Cheeky Monk. Lots of Belgian imports on tap plus a few hard to find American craft beers.
Rackhouse Pub. They are attached to Stranahan's Distillery but have 20 taps, 19 of which are dedicated to Colorado breweries. Plus you can try out beers from places like Elevation Brewing Co. or Crazy Mountain which are kinda far from the city or Prost Brewing Co. which isn't even open yet! Food is awesome as well, buffalo or lamb burger ftw.
Ale House at Amato's Awesome patio and tons of taps.
Falling Rock Tap House. Duh. They probably have the most selection of any place in the city.
Freshcraft. They're trying to upseat Falling Rock as owner of the most taps, I don't think they're quite there but they are close.
Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen. Great food, lots of selection beer wise.
Star Bar Has a dive-y feel, but looks can be deceiving. They consistently have a wide and varied list of beers to choose from both on tap and in cans.
Satellite Bar. Not too far from downtown located on Colfax on Cap Hill. They have about 6-7 taps with usually one on nitro, however their bottle and can list is huge.
Highland Tap & Burger. Good food. Nice patio. And again, lots of beer.

I got tickets for Friday and Saturday evening... I was an hour late for the member sessions.... CRAP!

BUT at least I will be there two days... now I need hotel and plane reservations.

DPB

i'm pissed but atleast got two sessions to have some fun and tour all the breweries in the state of colorado lol

I live in VA but have been to all the breweries from "The Springs" to Ft. Collins but one.

After visiting AB and New Belgium,,, we were a bit smashed and skipped the Ft. Collins Brewing Company...

BUT: I have an in out there... I went to High School in Aurora,,, Militray brat,,, so I have buds and

I think they are just going to screw things up further.....so if they void all of those that didn't enter (or didn't have an option to enter) their AHA number....what happens to those people in that group that ARE AHA members?

Good question. Also what about members that buy tickets off of Craigslist from people who weren't members and had tickets voided.

If they are going to do it, they need to make the call quickly, so people know not to buy those tickets. (though technically they probably don't care since most places prohibit the resale of tickets, they are covered)

I live in VA but have been to all the breweries from "The Springs" to Ft. Collins but one.

After visiting AB and New Belgium,,, we were a bit smashed and skipped the Ft. Collins Brewing Company...

BUT: I have an in out there... I went to High School in Aurora,,, Militray brat,,, so I have buds and

I'm going to try to visit as many as I can while i'm up there. Last time I was in Colorado I too young to drink lol. The drive is going to suck but its going to be an adventure and meet people out that way. Plus i need a vacation and have an excuse to use my paid time off. :ban:

I got my tickets on the computer and had to put my number in so i'm safe. People will get pissed off if they are a member and get their tickets revoked. If they resale the revoked i hope i can snag them but thats probably unlikely

DisturbdChemist said:
I'm going to try to visit as many as I can while i'm up there. Last time I was in Colorado I too young to drink lol. The drive is going to suck but its going to be an adventure and meet people out that way. Plus i need a vacation and have an excuse to use my paid time off. :ban:

I got my tickets on the computer and had to put my number in so i'm safe. People will get pissed off if they are a member and get their tickets revoked. If they resale the revoked i hope i can snag them but thats probably unlikely

GABF Tweeted yesterday they were going to honor all tickets even those purchased without a member number.

GABF Tweeted yesterday they were going to honor all tickets even those purchased without a member number.

And today they said

We&#8217;re working with Ticketmaster right now to determine how many non-members purchased tickets today,&#8221; Brewers Association sales and marketing director Barbara Fusco said in a statement. &#8220;Once determined, tickets purchased by non-members will be voided so that only AHA and BA members are issued pre-sale tickets. [...]

And from their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-American-Beer-Festival/77791416708

To our American Homebrewers Association members - here&#8217;s the latest on the pre-sale review: Ticketmaster and the AHA are finalizing review of the pre-sale purchasers list. We are triple-checking the very small number of possible non-member purchases against AHA member records. From there, if we have not yet verified the membership status of the purchaser, Ticketmaster will call and email the purchaser to invite them to provide their AHA membership number. In other words, no purchase will be cancelled without the purchaser having had a chance to provide a member number.

More information to come as we have it. Thank you all for your support of the AHA and the festival.

So looks like any member that got tickets from TM without a number are ok, but if you got them through craigslist or 3rd party you may be screwed

So tickets are sold out, right? Plus, tix on Craigslist may not be honored? I'm no longer an AHA member so it looks like there's no chance. Am I right?

So tickets are sold out, right? Plus, tix on Craigslist may not be honored? I'm no longer an AHA member so it looks like there's no chance. Am I right?

No, they way I understand it is that you have to be a member to purchase the tickets, not use them. I believe I read once somewhere on the site that the tickets are transferable.

chemman14 said:
No, they way I understand it is that you have to be a member to purchase the tickets, not use them. I believe I read once somewhere on the site that the tickets are transferable.

Yes tickets are transferable but there were 21 tickets for the Sat afternoon session that were cancelled. If you buy from Craigslist you don't know if you are getting those tickets or not

I was spaced out the tickets by two hours and could not get the Member session... SO Friday and Saturday Night Tickets (check)... Hotel (check) Flight (check)... now I am hanging out untill OCT the 11th when I will be "Peter, Paul, and Marrying" (Leaving on a jet plane)...

Got mine

ForumRunner_20120813_152104.jpg

I'll be on the safety team Thursday night and attending the Saturday members session. Can't wait!

One of the jobs we have is preventing the drunk people from sliding down the railings at the end of the night. So yeah, it's kinda dangerous. :)

DisturbdChemist said:
I only got one of my tickets member entrance and not the other for some reason. I used my number for both. I'm confused.

How do you know if you got a members entrance ticket. All if my tickets say "member", does that mean I get in the members entrance?

How do you know if you got a members entrance ticket. All if my tickets say "member", does that mean I get in the members entrance?

Up on the top both mine says member like the picture above. But in the middle above the event title one says memeber entrance and the other says general admissions

Back