FWIW on a boil vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freebird

Reaction score
Seeing the turkey fryer thread reminded me of the boilovers I'm having (about 3 a batch) in my 30 qt. tall and narrow turkey fryer pot.

So I start lookin' for a 40+ vessel. Brew store gots 'em for around $120. eek. Best I can find online is $79.99 and an arm and a leg for shipping.

Then, whilst looking for some tacos, I roll into a tienda mexicana with a taqueria on wheels in the parking lot. the taqueria is closed, so I mosey into the store and pick up some chiles and a giant bag of pork rinds (chicarrones?).

and lo and behold, on yonder shelf above the rinds, there's a 50 qt. pot for $46. heavy heavy stainless.

worth a look. now if I can find me a 30" wok in the oriental mkts. in town....

if you're a newbie into this (like me), might be worth a look in an "odd" or unexpected place.

plus, the wife's decided she likes crab meat now, so I can buy us a crab boiling pot (wink wink).

good find!
i am having the same problem with my turkey fryer - boiling wort on sandals is not good!
my garage floor is also looking like hops

Back