Future Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went shopping for kegerator this weekend. Was planning on buying an el cheapo yard sale fridge, but thought about how nice a new fridge would look compared to crappy used fridge (plus I have not found one yet!). So I decided to see what is out there for new.

Was also thinking about a 5.0 c.f. unit, but when I saw this one, I suddenly had lots of ideas for the extra space!

http://www.sunbeammajorappliances.com/refrigerators_top_freezer/SSR8SMWBW.html

I can keep ice in the freezer for my cold drinks, and bottles of beer in the door (and elsewhere) and likely can fit 3 corneys and gas in there too.

Hops and yeast can go in the drawer, and anything else that needs chilling. And, it's still fairly small and new. Got to get the taps and CO2 ordered now, and find out where I can get a corney filled before the weekend!

Looks pretty nice but be aware that if you use an external temperature regulator the freezer will not work as desired.

My plans are to use a chest freezer for a kegerator. They don't take much more floor space but are well sized for a multi-tap kegerator. At about $200 for a new one it hardly seems worth it to try to find a craigslist of garagesale find.

Craig

Looks pretty nice but be aware that if you use an external temperature regulator the freezer will not work as desired.

My plans are to use a chest freezer for a kegerator. They don't take much more floor space but are well sized for a multi-tap kegerator. At about $200 for a new one it hardly seems worth it to try to find a craigslist of garagesale find.

Craig

I was planning on using the installed temp control. I was also thinking about a chest freezer, but didn't want the collar, and lift the door, plus the footprint is larger. To each their own. I wasn't planning on having more than 2 kegs at a time, so I might end up with even more space for some food/beer/pop in this thing. We'll see how much beer I end up going through when I can just turn around and pour another glass whenever I want. :mug:

Back