Funny ? for a homebrew forum.... Anyone doing a dry January?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
The wife came up with this crazy idea of not drinking for the first month of the year and me, in a total temporary mental lapse, decided to join her. Misery loves company so I'm wondering if anyone in here is also abstaining for a month? It's day 9 and I still want a beer! Haha.

With all joking aside I've never gone this long without a beer since I started drinking 16 years ago so I figured I'd see what I was made of. So far, I'm down about 12 lbs and feeling pretty good. I've since taken up drinking kombucha to curb any cravings I might have in the evenings and it works pretty well. I miiiiiight do this every year just to keep me honest. I just kegged a pale ale the other day so I'm ready to go at midnight on Feb 1st! Going to brew again this weekend to use this time to get a nice pipeline going.

If I gave up drinking for an entire month I am not sure what I would do on a Friday evening...or a Tuesday afternoon. ;)

I am not sure it is good that my hobbies and interests revolve around brewing beer, visiting interesting pubs/breweries (which gives me ideas for beers to brew), reading brewing forums (which makes me want to brew beers to try new things), buying and sampling interesting beers (which makes me want to brew beer to save $$), attending brewing meetings (which motivates me to brew beer for competitions and experiments). I see a pattern here! I am not sure it is good that my lady enjoys beer as much as I do...and she even brews beer. I do still show up for work now and then...to pay for this hobby!

Back