Fundraising idea needs HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigheady57

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need everyone's brilliant ideas here. I am a paramedic in a extremely tight knit, busy EMS system in MA. Recently a co-worker and close friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer. As a whole, the people the work in the system as very close and answer the call for one another. We are always having benefits for people in need in our system including, police fire and local hospitals. My co-worker has been working in the system for over 15 years and is considered the back bone of our department. Her and her husband (a local police officer) are challenged with the tough recovery, medical bills are mounting and are both running low on sick time. As a department we are having multiple benefits to try and lighten the load off them. Myself and a few other co-workers brew beer as hobby and are trying to come up with a fundraising idea to help. I know there are laws against selling homebrew in the state so I am looking here for creativity. I have the ability to brew up to 15gallons at a time and can keg and bottle. PLEASE help me make this homebrew fundraiser a reality. All ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance for helping us "Chase a cure" (our motto as her last name is chase)

you could throw a gala or some sort of event, get a local band to donate a show, find a local venue to donate the space, get a few friends to share some some brew and hand out tasting glasses (for free) and hand out tickets to the event for a "suggested donation" of $50 or something like that.

Try organizing a "competition". That seems to be a good way to raise funds and satisfy the brewers. Can be a classic sit-down judging or a show-up and be judged comp like it going on down in Bridgewater on the 25th. $30 to get in and have your stuff judged, brewers need to be present to win.

sell raffel tickets to a "back yard feast". Deliver to the winner... burgers, dogs, saugage, salads, ice cream, beer, soda, a bushel of crabs or clams or lobsters.

Whatever beer Raffel

Back