Fuller's draft Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genjin

Reaction score
So I discovered today that the new English football pub four blocks from my place has four Fullers beers on draft! They seem to have done some deal with Fullers because the setup is apart from the taps and they are fancy with huge beautiful pump clips and made to look like beer engines. I am relatively new to English beer but this is not a real cask setup, right? These are regular draft systems done up to look like cask beer, right?

Anyway, the beer was amazing. Tasted very fresh and much hoppier than I remember out of a bottle. They we moderately carbed and served at cellar temps. I had the ESB and the Bengal Lancer (IPA). Can't wait to try the London Porter and London Pride.

Probably not cask, the english pub near my house has something similar with the engine on draft. Tasty beers indeed, way different from the bottle.

they are fancy with huge beautiful pump clips and made to look like beer engines. I am relatively new to English beer but this is not a real cask setup, right? These are regular draft systems done up to look like cask beer, right?

Right, they are CO2 taps made into fake beer engines, not real cask ale. A few spots near me have them. That said the beer is still pretty damned good.

Back