• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Iowa Full Brewing System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
Folks,

While this has been a great hobby for me, I just don't find that I have the time to brew as much as I once did and I can no longer justify the space that my brewing gear takes up.

Gauging interest here, if you want more details, I can post pics, etc., but mainly I wanted to see if any Iowans/Midwesterners might be looking to upgrade or get into the hobby. I've got a 2 keggle (HLT/BK), and 1 cooler MT system (combo electric/gas). Also have a stand built for it (nothing fancy, just a wood stand with casters on it). 2 electric heat sticks, a nice bayou burner, large whirlpool immersion chiller, hot/cold march pump. The whole works really, I've also got a kegging system, 20 lb CO2 tank, 4 tap keezer (all perlick), 7 or 8 kegs, lines, connectors, etc. Got a bunch of grain and hops still that could conceivably be used. Tons of the little stuff, hydrometers, testing tube, chemicals, bottles, capper, buckets, glass carboys, better bottle... A few temperature controllers...

Preferably it would all go in one sale (I do have one local person who is interested in some of it), but I doubt that will happen. If anyone in the greater Iowa/Midwest is interested, please email me at: banjodrew (at) gmail dot com. I will check back on this thread a bit as well, I just don't visit HBT all that much since I haven't been brewing. Definitely a great community here... '

Thanks,
Andrew

If you decide you want to part out and are willing to ship, I'd be interested in the keezer stuff. Just let me know.

Thanks for the interest. I would like for this to go locally so I don't have to deal with shipping, but it it comes to that I will and will let those of you who have contacted me about that know.

Will try to get some pricing in here over the next day or so.

I'm in Ames.

I sent you an email about the kegging/kegs and carboys. I live in Kansas City so shipping wouldn't be necessary for me.

I have a local sale pending for the keezer/kegging stuff, will go to the first response in my inbox/email if that falls through.

I have one person interested in the brewing system (heatsticks, MLT, HLT, BK, pump, hoses (with quick connects), barley crusher), asking $500 for all of that. broken down like this (but I'm still wanting to sell this part it of together):

heatsticks: $30 each
MLT: $40
HLT: $80
BK: $80
IC: $40
PUMP: $100
Crusher: $100
Includes a pond pump/tub/hoses for a recirc/ice water bath for chilling wort after 100 degrees is reached

Other stuff:
better bottle (6 gallon): $20
(2) glass carboys (6.5 or 7 gallon): $30 each (these are not the mexican made ones, they are old school and very stout)
williams oxygen system: $50 (hardly used - has the regulator & SS rod and a can of O2)
(2) 1 gallon clear glass jugs: $5 each
5 gallon secondary glass carboy: $10

would also like to sell the following as a lot ($75 for everything):
Assorted buckets (fermenting and measuring)
(2) auto siphons
strainer
funnel
cleaning brushes
box of random brewing tools (hydrometers, airlocks, hop bags, thermometer, etc)
box of random brewing ingredients: rice hulls, flaked rice, dextrose, DME, molasses, oak cubes
box of random brewing chemicals: irish moss, whirfloc, gelatine, corriander/orange peel, yeast nutrient, amylase enzyme, a little PBW, etc.)

all the grain: too many to list, but I have a bunch of specialty grains (most of the caramels, munich, wheat, roast barley, chocolate, etc., most of what you'd need for a good majority of recipes) and 1/3 homer bucket full of base malt, maybe 5-7 lbs. the specialty malts are 11 medium containers, some full, some half full that hold about 3-4 lbs I would guess, and 8 small containers that maybe hold 3/4 of a pound.
would like to sell the grain lot for $40 for all of it.

hops (all the following hops were ordered in 2010 and immediately stored into individual 1 oz vacuum sealed bags and have been in my freezer since, i brewed a pale ale with some of the centennial and columbus this fall and still tasted great IMHO):
6 oz columbus
8 oz amarillo
3 oz willamette
random bag (was gonna brew janet's brown with these, bought them in 2012 at a brewing store): cascade, northern brewer
8 - 10 oz magnum (from 2009)
8 oz Chinook

would like to get $20 for the hop lot.

i think that's it... here's a few pics:

I am "local" in Marion

Interested in heatsticks: $30 each possibly
MLT: $40
HLT: $80
BK: $80
IC: $40
PUMP: $100
Includes a pond pump/tub/hoses for a recirc/ice water bath for chilling wort after 100 degrees is reached

and the hops lot

I might be interested in the carboys/better bottle after the new year if they haven't sold by then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Home Brew mobile app

Has the carboys or the oxygen setup sold yet? If not I'd be interested.

I am out, I haven't heard back from the seller here or via PM. I will just build my keggles as planned even though this seems like a decent deal

Guys, sorry for the delay, I've been out of town for Christmas vacation for the last week.

The kegging setup is sold and have a few more kegs pending.

Someone is coming to look at the whole brew system today, so I will update this thread here later on with what's still available.

Updated:

Kegging system - sold
Brewing setup - sold

Remaining:

Other stuff:
better bottle (6 gallon): $20
(2) glass carboys (6.5 or 7 gallon): $30 each (these are not the mexican made ones, they are old school and very stout)
williams oxygen system: $50 (hardly used - has the regulator & SS rod and a can of O2)
(2) 1 gallon clear glass jugs: $5 each
5 gallon secondary glass carboy: $10

would also like to sell the following as a lot ($75 for everything):
Assorted buckets (fermenting and measuring)
(2) auto siphons
strainer
funnel
cleaning brushes
box of random brewing tools (hydrometers, airlocks, hop bags, thermometer, etc)
box of random brewing ingredients: rice hulls, flaked rice, dextrose, DME, molasses, oak cubes
box of random brewing chemicals: irish moss, whirfloc, gelatine, corriander/orange peel, yeast nutrient, amylase enzyme, a little PBW, etc.)

Back