Full auto minus hop additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourSwitch

Reaction score
long time reader, I figure i should post what im working with here. (video below)

I use a 60A Panel, 11,000 watts in both the HLT and BK
The panel is controlled by a BCS462 ran through a WIFI router client
I use a 3GPM pump to recirculate the HLT to stop stratification
I use a worm gear motor and a custom welded agitator to automate mash raking
I use actuated ball valves to direct the wort to the proper pump
Everything else is pretty close to a standard 3 vessel i believe, let me know

Matt
41684528_2192890594323155_3307548533623619584_n.jpg

How did you handle volume sensing? Looks like float switches maybe? If that's the case what is you approach to sparging?

Hey Jimmy, Yep i use float switches, 2 in the HLT, 1 in boil, and one in mash. I find it easier to batch sparge personally. Since i dont need to babysit the thing i can be inside watching TV, or chilling with the kiddo! also floats have made the programming side a bit lighter for me which is nice as well.

I have seen good results with capacitive sensors, and with ultrasonic level sensors. but at the end of the day i kind of put the over complicated side away and stuck to KISS (Keep it simple, stupid!)

Great job.
Shouldn't read full auto minus hop and grain additions?
Haha If you want to get technical sure! Usually i dont worry about that, i dump the grains in a while before i even hit start :p

Maybe its time for me to build an auger system for the grains:)

Back