Frying oil after installing dip tube and ball valve ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayWeezie

Reaction score
I have a ss turkey pot that id like to get a ball valve/dip tube on to use as a lauter tun.
My question is can I still use that pot to fry my turkeys in come thanksgiving?
Are the bargainfittings.com style ball valves and dip tubes rated for 400° degree oil?

If you keep the oil temperature in the recommended 375-400°F range, the ball valve should survive easily. The PTFE material (aka Teflon®) used for the seals within should hold up to 500°F before they start to degrade. If the dip tube is the compression type and you use silicone o-rings instead of the metal ferrule, the o-rings are good to around 570°F - and if you use a metal ferrule you can heat it 'til it glows without issue...

Cheers!

I have a ss turkey pot that id like to get a ball valve/dip tube on to use as a lauter tun.
My question is can I still use that pot to fry my turkeys in come thanksgiving?
Are the bargainfittings.com style ball valves and dip tubes rated for 400° degree oil?

Fry that turkey at 350° please. Lol too many people scorching at +375°. Some may say higher temps are ok but trust me. Low and slow. the temps should be just fine.

Back