Fruity Yeast Profile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrManifesto

Reaction score
so i mentioned in another thread that i'm wanting to do a bit of an experiment and use a fruity yeast in combination with a saison yeast and get some characters from both. just a real basic malt/hop bill and let the yeast shine.

question is though, what yeast should i use to get some nice fruitiness going on? i'll be using it with wlp565 saison. i have temp control so i can be fairly accurate with that. suggestions? help a bro out! :mug:

i pulled this off a site:

Burton Ale WLP023 L White Labs Medium 65% to 75% 68° to 73° F Subtle fruity flavors: apple, clover honey and pear

anybody familiar with this strain? i'm preferring white labs because i have easy access.

Just did an ESB with WLP023 and its def has some great fruity notes. I'm also really happy with the malt complexity I got with it. Fermented fast and vigorous so I'f your fermentor doesn't have lots of head space I'd start with a blow off tube. I think apple, honey and pear are pretty spot on for the fruit notes I get from the yeast. Sounds like a fun experiment, good luck if you decide to go that route!

WLP500 is supposed to give plum and dark fruits. It's Trappist yeast, in case you want to stay in the same region w/ your original.

Wyeast 1272-American Ale II
A much more fruity and flocculent yeast than 1056. At warmer temperatures the intense fruitiness accentuates hop character.

Back