Frozen In MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead24

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

Just getting on this site about to start my journey building a Brutus 10. I plan on building a Brewery in my basement but have some work to do. Venting, gas lines, water and sewer to say the least. I just ordered plans for Brutus from BYO so I'll have to droool for a week until the plans get here.

Question: What kind of burners are out there for natural gas? Any suggestions for brewery inside besides the venting issue?

Cheers
:mug:

HopHead

Welcome :mug:
I think you can convert almost any LP burner to natural gas with a different orifice, at least that what I understand. Like you mentioned, just make sure you have proper venting.

Where in MN are you? I am in the midst of building a rig in my basement in Maple Grove. I am going all electric, and have a design slightly different than the Brutus with the center keggle lower than the HLT and BK.

I'm in Brooklyn Park not too far from Coon Rapids Dam. Just got my Brutus plans today. Got the ok from the Boss and looking for a welder among other things. With the center keggle lower did you have to lower your pumps as well? Does that help with lifting when you are done? When are you brewing again?

I thought of all electric but need 240V and would have to run new wiring from garage to the basement. Nat gas is just across the hall from my beer room.

It was a tough call for me -- I have nat gas running about 5 feet from my brew area. I need to wire electric to run the heaters. I won't have to worry about the ventilation though.

The lower MLT just meant I can gravity feed the water for dough in and sparge. Only one pump in my system.

The keggles will be complete next week and I hope the stand is wrapped up the week after. Then I'll be ready for a test run.

Passing by and the MN caught my eye.

Welcome!

Hi Everyone!!

Question: What kind of burners are out there for natural gas? Any suggestions for brewery inside besides the venting issue?

Cheers
:mug:

HopHead

Spend $20 and buy a CO detector, it could save the lives of many beers.

Wow just scored 3 ASCO valves for the BT for $40!!! Burners $19 each! Lead on SS ball valve $9 for 10. SS square pipe is killer compared to these prices. Can't wait to start welding this week.

I grew up in Winnipeg, So I know Tundra:) Used to brew lagers in the basement. No basements in San Diego:(

Down to 57 Degrees here tonight. We've been firing up the wood stove for weeks now. San Diego sucks...My 5 year old has no snow to play in, sleding, miss the ice fishing.

Can't wait to see your indoor brewery

Welcome to the site! I am from Mankato but living in the Milwaukee area right now. I too am just about to embark on building a brutus 10 but will be using steel I saved from the scrapyard at lower then scrap prices. Good luck on the build, I can't wait to see the progress. post pics!

Wow just scored 3 ASCO valves for the BT for $40!!! Burners $19 each! Lead on SS ball valve $9 for 10. SS square pipe is killer compared to these prices. Can't wait to start welding this week.

How are you scoring these deals? This should help with my build....

[QUOTEHow are you scoring these deals? This should help with my build....[/QUOTE]

I'm scouring the internet. Got these new in the box valves from Craigslist. He also had 3 piece valves for $10. I bought all 6. Just got back from picking up my SS as well all cut to size. I need to grind down all the sharp edges now. Ebay has great stuff too. I need to find some good pumps soon!!! If I see anything I'll let you know. I don't think I'm gonna score cheap 10 gal pots though.

Another snow storm is on its way at us!!! Can't wait!!!:ban:

Back