Frozen can of juice for flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D3r1v4t1v3

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was thinking about using some frozen concentrate as fruit flavoring. Would that work? If it would, would it be a first fermentation, second fermentation thing, both?
I don’t have a bucket yet to ferment things, only one gallon carboys, so I’m just trying to get creative with how to flavor the mead.
Any thoughts are helpful!

Frozen concentrates work well! If you get a 2 gallon bucket, that makes the process much easier. If you're only in 1 gallon carboys, try throwing it in when you mix up your honey at the beginning. Just make sure that the concentrate doesn't have potassium sorbate in it. That will make fermentation harder to get off the ground.

Frozen concentrates work well! If you get a 2 gallon bucket, that makes the process much easier. If you're only in 1 gallon carboys, try throwing it in when you mix up your honey at the beginning. Just make sure that the concentrate doesn't have potassium sorbate in it. That will make fermentation harder to get off the ground.
Are those 2 gallon buckets food grade? It says nothing about food grade on your website. I'm always a little nervous when I don't see the food grade label like this one
20210715_090730.jpg

Latest posts

Back