From Tank to Regulator to Distro Question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
So in my keezer I have the following setup:

CO2-->Single Regulator---->4 Outlet CO2 Distribution Block-->Kegs

My question is, is there any additional regulators I can add after the CO2 Block in order to monitor how much pressure is going into each keg? Fox example one keg 5psi and 1 keg at 11psi. And if you could provide link to parts or tell me where I could get them I would be very grateful :mug:

You could find some cheap single-gauge CO2 regulators and put them inline. That's all I can think of. You would definitely be able to go as cheap as possible, and as long as you never use them to regulate pressure that much (maybe bring 12 psi down to 8 or something) you wouldn't even need a safety blowoff.

What about the gauges that connect to kegs with a Ball lock MFL and have a gauge attatched? Ive seen them on several sites but it seems they are only for transfering beer to a diff keg. ANyone used them?

And some links from anyone on cheap secondary regs?

I am looking at doing the same thing. I want to run higher pressure on my wheats and drop the lines for my others. I did not think of this when I built the system.

I have been reading threads, but would love links on what is working for folks... examples, pictures and experience are so useful.

Somewhere I have a pic of a keezer a guy built on here that has a bunch of 2ndary regs attatched to the collar. Ill see if I can find it. I think all we would have to do is buy single regualtor and run the gas into them. The issue would be finding a regualtor that doesnt have the attachment to screw on to the CO2 tank.

Somewhere I have a pic of a keezer a guy built on here that has a bunch of 2ndary regs attatched to the collar. Ill see if I can find it. I think all we would have to do is buy single regualtor and run the gas into them. The issue would be finding a regualtor that doesnt have the attachment to screw on to the CO2 tank.

Woah here....

There are two COMPLETELY different regulators.

Primary - connects to your tank, needs a minimum of 500 psi or something similar to work.

Secondary - an inline, needs to be supplied by a Primary ... MAXIMUM inlet pressure is 200 psi.

You can not use a primary as a secondary or a secondary as a primary.

So in my keezer I have the following setup:

CO2-->Single Regulator---->4 Outlet CO2 Distribution Block-->Kegs

My question is, is there any additional regulators I can add after the CO2 Block in order to monitor how much pressure is going into each keg? Fox example one keg 5psi and 1 keg at 11psi. And if you could provide link to parts or tell me where I could get them I would be very grateful :mug:

All you need is a secondary regulator. It can be supplied from your distribution block ... Just have to remember that the pressure from the secondary regulator will be equal or less than that supplied from the primary regulator. My secondary regulators are supplied with 20 lbs, unless I have some soda/pop then I need to supply with 30+ as my soda/pop needs 30 lbs.

you need one of these:

Secondary Regulator Panel - 4 Products - 4 Pressures

I built mine from DIY parts that I found along the way.

I just put the output from the primary reg into the secondary bank. Since I have the second gauge on my primary, I don't need a 'how much gas is left' gauge on the secondary. I have a hosebarb and a 5' piece of tubing going to a disconnect. I use the 30# setting to seal kegs and force carb.

B

IMG_0271.jpg

Back