Fridge to Kegerator help- drilling holes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanlee19

Reaction score
I'm needing some help/advice about drilling the holes in the door of my fridge.
My fridge says it has "fresh food door shelves" and has a few little holes in a few places in the inside wall of the fridge door.

I have included a picture of the inside door wall to show the holes. The door wall is also not flat. It has a uniform ridge or wave pattern. (the picture also shows that)

Anyone out there come across the holes in their door wall before? I just don;t want to drill thru any cooling lines or something that will render the fridge useless.

Thanks in advance

Fridge door.jpg

I've never heard of a fridge with coils in the door - you should be quite safe drilling into a fridge door.

any coolant lines in a door would be rare indeed. The door pivots on hinges - flexing of a coolant line would be disastrous over time. You should be safe, although some doors actually have butter 'heaters' in them, so check for wires at the hinge location.

Latest posts

Back