Fridge to Kegerator help- drilling holes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanlee19

Reaction score
I'm needing some help/advice about drilling the holes in the door of my fridge.
My fridge says it has "fresh food door shelves" and has a few little holes in a few places in the inside wall of the fridge door.

I have included a picture of the inside door wall to show the holes. The door wall is also not flat. It has a uniform ridge or wave pattern. (the picture also shows that)

Anyone out there come across the holes in their door wall before? I just don;t want to drill thru any cooling lines or something that will render the fridge useless.

Thanks in advance

Fridge door.jpg

I've never heard of a fridge with coils in the door - you should be quite safe drilling into a fridge door.

any coolant lines in a door would be rare indeed. The door pivots on hinges - flexing of a coolant line would be disastrous over time. You should be safe, although some doors actually have butter 'heaters' in them, so check for wires at the hinge location.

Back