Fridge Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulleitb

Reaction score
If my yeast is supposed to ferment between 68 and 73 degrees. What temp should I keep the fridge at? Do I need to account for the heat given off by the fermentation itself?

Most people don't have to keep ales in the fridge, only lagers. Wrapping it in a wet towel seems to be the preffered/cheap solution around here. Depending on what kind of beer you are making you may want to keep the temperature constant throughout (some stouts for example), while others people like to start at the low range of the temperature spectrum and let it rise naturally (belgian ales)

I'm guessing you have a fridge with a temperature control. There is a recent thread with some good advice on where to set the temp, but I can't find it. I'm thinking 5-10 degrees lower than the yeast range was the recommendation but do not quote me on that.

Latest posts

Back