Fridge Keezer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenacarina

Reaction score
I am having major keezer frustrations!!
Bought an upright freezer on Craigslist, hauled it home, ran fine for a week and died. TOTALLY MY FAULT!
**cautionary tale here! let that fridge/freezer stand upright for a good long while before plugging it in. no joke!**
So, I am looking for another one...having now learned a lesson.
Back to Craigslist I go...email a few people...get a few "sold" responses and the rest are flakes :(
I am trying to broaden my horizons and have been considering a fridge...wondering if it can effectively be controlled down to 35-ish degrees??
Surely someone has done this.
What modifications need to be done? Any pitfalls I should be aware of??
Is it even worth the effort?

Thanks
Chris

Lots of people use refrigerators, including me. Can get down to 34*f/1*c with mine

OK, great news!
Hopefully the people selling fridges will have more follow-though than the freezer folks.
Nobody will take my money, it seems..... :(

Good luck, follow up with success or questions

Got someone to sell me a fridge!! Had the option of an old, beat up one for free....or a newer, cleaner one for $75.
I went the $75 route and my gut tells me that was the right move.
Today is a success!
Gonna get this baby home and LET IT SIT UPRIGHT for a good long while BEFORE I plug it in ;)

Back