Fridge for 14.5 Gallon Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goatman65

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just purchased a 14.5 gallon conical Fermenator from Blichmann and want to keep it in a glass door refrigerator. I'm looking to see if anyone has this conical and in what model fridge. My space is limited so looking to see if it will fit in some models such as the Beverage-Air or True, 24" wide fridges. I'm asking because I've received conflicting information about interior dimensions and want to make sure the conical will fit. Specifically, my concern is the depth. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I have a wine fridge, but not the conical, and my fridge has a 6" hump in the back that makes putting anything deeper than the thickness of a corny in there impossible.

Where do you plan to buy your fridge? If you buy it from a brick-and-mortar store, you could just bring the empty conical with you, and try to put it in there.

Buying fridges online sucks. In all their infinite wisdom, all the stores I've looked at only post the outer dimensions. We need both!

at some point i thought costco sold a few of those. but they might have been split compartment wine fridges.

no idea where you're located, but your other option is to see if any local bars or restaurants will let you measure. commercial equipment is generally standardized in its sizes, more so than residential/consumer. or you can look on the bev air/true websites, ebay's business/industrial pages, or the websites of restaurant equipment suppliers.

what you're describing sounds like what's called a "one door reach in" and can be either fridge or freezer. or search for "glass door reach in" and see if you get lucky.

Thanks for the responses. I've been looking on eBay and other sites for used fridges. There's a lot of this stuff out there since restaurants and bars are always turning over. And, reach in fridges mentioned are in conveniencs stores, grocery stores, etc. I'm Looking for one that has a glass door so I can see how active the fermentation appears to be, etc. without opening the door every time. Beverage-Air makes one that is 12 cu. ft. that I'm hoping will do the trick.

Latest posts

Back