Freedom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlainD

Reaction score
I went into a lhbs in a different town today. I walked in with a recipe all planed out. What I left was defiantly not what was on my list. Between substitutions, a small but free bag of dark malt, and other flights of fancy I'm still not exactly sure what I'm brewing, and I don't care. I don't care if it isn't good. Feels good not to be so uptight. :mug:

Sometimes flying by the seat of your pants is how you find the next best thing in your fridge. I do it all the time. Nine times out of ten I'm very happy with the results (the other 10% goes to grateful friends!!). :drunk:

Homebrewing IS freedom:
Freedom from retail markup
Freedom from "sin" tax
Freedom to brew whatever you want

Here's a little tune to go with your feelin from the late great number one 'caster blaster;

Last edited by a moderator:
Homebrewing is a hobby...you're supposed to be doing it for fun. If you get uptight about brewing, you might like to re-examine your priorities.

I made a "I'm not leaving the house I'm brewing with whatever I have" beer and it was a happy accident. It was an all Amarillo IPA with British ale yeast and it will now be a regular.

I made a "I'm not leaving the house I'm brewing with whatever I have" beer and it was a happy accident. It was an all Amarillo IPA with British ale yeast and it will now be a regular.

Love it! My last 3 batches have all been batches of the same. I finally made a trip to my LHBS today and picked up what I was missing to finally make my Amber Bock clone. Ferment chamber will be clear and lagering temps will be easily attainable. FINALLY!

I went in a few months ago with a recipe in hand. They didn't have either of the hops I needed for the recipe. It actually turned out to be, imo, the best beer I've ever brewed. I love happy accidents.

Did I mention I got some Whit Labs Platinum strains that were a month expired of a buck each? Hello Saison III! It's been too long.

Back